Product Key Customer Benefits
- Via a graphical interface, the designer will define the objects architecture he has in mind and then populate these objects with learning components developed from standard authoring tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Flash, DreamWeaver, FrontPage, or use the specialized editors provided with the product to develop simulations or Unix compatible videos.
- As a rule, the Companion architecture is designed in such a way that any html compliant data that can be used within a company can also be included in Companion learning objects and therefore managed with the Companion Development Studio. This feature ensures the compliancy of generated data to Internet standards and a fast evolution with respect to emerging standards.
- To ensure that customers can develop interactive learning components that work exactly the same on the Windows and Unix supported platforms, the Companion Development Studio provides two specialized editors allowing creating:
- Show Me components, that is video type components that are very useful to describe the interactions of a procedure for example. These components do not require any plug-in to run.
- Discover and Try It components, which provide a very interactive environment, thereby increasing the retention rate of the learner. As the previous one, this component, once integrated in a Companion learning object, can be replayed on any Windows or Unix platform with no plug-in.
- The Companion Development Studio also provides an industrial environment for development based on the standard notions of Workspace, projects and components. This environment supports the concurrent development of learning objects by several developers.
- Create improved end-user performance from a quickly developed customer specific environment.
- Build upon standard Companion products always up to date
- Reuse compliant legacy data (html, MS PowerPoint, PDF, MS Word, etc.
- Quick learning curve as most content development can be realized with standard authoring tools