|ENOVIA Enterprise Architecture is an enabler that provides infrastructure components for PLM solutions including authoring applications (CAD, CAE, CAM ), multi-tier, distributed, applications and collaborative solutions.
The Enterprise Architecture is delivered through four unique products:
Multi-tier Architecture product - provides the tools necessary to define the ENOVIA system topology
The characteristics of the ENOVIA Enterprise Architecture products include:
- A high level of scalability capable of adapting to many different enterprise sizes and organizations.
- A transaction environment tuned to give users the response times they expect based on the complexity of their requests: short response times for trivial queries and acceptably longer times where the user makes high-function demands on the applications.
- Support for authoring environments involving very large data volumes, off-line creation and use of definition data such as CAD models, concurrent changes to very complex product definition elements and complex knowledge relationships between multiple product definition components.
- Ability to easily re-engineer system organization and adapt it to rapidly changing engineering development organizations.
- Support for large data volumes and the management of persistence in a widely distributed environment.
- Standards-based, using industry and de-facto standards such as STEP, Internet, UNIX, Windows and JAVA.
- Strong security and authorization mechanisms.