Product Key Customer Benefits
- Unified workflow management of engineering and enterprise activities.. With E-PM, users can effortlessly coordinate engineering-centric activities and non-engineering activities in a single workflow. For instance, an E-PM workflow can include activities for creation and distribution of an ENOVIA ECR ( Engineering Change Request) as well as activities for price search in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and supplier information search in SCM (Supply Chain Management) systems. This allows for collateral enterprise processes management that is tightly integrated with product lifecycle management.
- Robust solution based on industry standards. E-PM deploys IBM WebSphere MQ Workflow engine and exposes its runtime functionality through ENOVIA VPM Web Navigator Web-based user interface to leverage its capabilities. MQ Workflow delivers integration processes, support for human interactions, and deep application connectivity. MQ Workflow leverages WebSphere MQ, XML, Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) WebServices and WebSphere Business Integration (WBI) technologies. WebSphere MQ Messaging technology allows the customers to easily exchange information across different platforms, providing secure and aggregated enterprise process transactions with assured and reliable delivery of messages between applications.
- Enhanced process visibility and decision-making. The extended access to relevant information within the business process using E-PM's extensive process monitoring and reporting tools reduces time spent searching for information and analyzing unnecessary data. Instantaneous sharing of information between the process manager and participants in a secured Web environment also facilitates on-line collaboration and speedy process road-block resolution.
- Business process optimization and cycle time reduction. The ability to model and view end-to-end business processes is essential to having accurate view of overall process performance. Comprehensive process reporting on systems statistics and resources usage as well as traceability and audit trails for each activities allows for analysis of business process effectiveness. Business process automation, quick problem identification and resolution streamlines processes and ultimately reduces cycle-time.
- Transform business process incrementally. E-PM orchestrates enterprise processes by enabling coordination of newly defined workflows with existing processes in other enterprise application. This includes triggering of enterprise applications workflows and updating of enterprise application data directly from E-PM. With this capability, customers can leverage existing investments and transform their business processes incrementally without crippling daily operations.
- Effective Resource Management and Schedule Enhancement. E-PM delivers relevant and accurate information to all participants from executive level to development team as well as external parties. This allows the users to better procure, produce, manage, allocate resource, and ultimately improve inventory management.
- Global collaboration. E-PM collaborative framework connects all the stakeholders, people and information, together in a process to cooperate in unity. Enterprise-wide business process management provides genuine collaboration which allows information sharing and best practice enforcement while increasing process visibility to raise alertness. Consequently, the organization can continuously improve its business processes and operations, set a single enterprise-wide goal, and direct people towards it.
- Increased business agility. Through its Web-based interface, E-PM allows the users to access process related information whenever and wherever they need. They can instantly monitor the progress of the processes, identify the bottlenecks, pinpoint the issues and resolve them.