Product Key Customer Benefits
- Design process that is fully adapted to DMU requirements... ENOVIA employs an instance-based part data model, in which part data is stored once in the database but can be instanced (used) in several products and configurations. For example, a particular car seat is defined once but can be used many times in several car models. This approach simplifies the design process to be fully adapted to digital mockup requirements and enhances component commonality across products, which in turn reduces manufacturing costs.
- A single living virtual product model that includes variability and that evolves overtime a company's product data can be defined generically during the conceptual design. As it progresses along its lifecycle, specific configurations can be derived according to marketing and technical needs. Robust configuration management capabilities with unmatched levels of flexibility to mix and match design alternatives give product designers the freedom necessary to define innovative product solutions.
- Full understanding of change impact on the whole assembly Relational Design is one of the most advanced best practices supported by ENOVIA VPM V5. In this practice, change impact analysis and change propagation can be done by capitalizing on design knowledge and intelligence brought by CATIA V5. When part changes are not in harmony with one another, the system (dependency graph) can show visual warnings from both directions (impacts on, impacted by). Unsynchronized objects can be automatically recalculated in CATIA, respecting any the constraints, instance positioning and knowledge that have been established between the parts, and save back to ENOVIA.
- True concurrent engineering practice... Design changes that are performed in CATIA V5 can be saved back to ENOVIA EBOM structure under several saving mode options: exploded, structure expose, or publication exposed (black box). The 'exploded' mode facilitates true concurrent engineering practice by allowing all design parts from CATIA (CATParts) to be fully exploded (available for concurrent usage) in ENOVIA. The publication-exposed or black box mode is also available for subassemblies that doesn't have to be exploded for other users, for instance, a subassembly coming from a supplier that can be regarded as a single unit.
- Advanced part management functions addressing part replacement scenarios ENOVIA VPLM provides advanced functions to create and track design alternatives in addition to the capability to set up alternative and substitute parts that will provide more options for manufacturing engineers. During design prototype studies, several newly created designs are tracked until one of the designs is chosen and converted as a new reference.
- Advanced product configurations ... derive EBoMs (Engineering Bill of Materials) according to certain dates, units, specifications, or a combination of these effectivities. For instance, one can easily derive an EBOM (Engineering Bill of Materials) for BMX car model 323 with special millennium option package for Asian Market".