Imagine new horizons…
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy challenges? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world and create the future.
3DEXCITE is the leading, one-stop-provider of high-end software, consulting and creative services in professional 3D visualization. The company opens up creative freedom to deliver emotional assets for digital, interactive marketing and sales experiences. From consulting, through workflow, to final visualization assets, 3DEXCITE transforms engineering data into powerful visual experiences, which we call engineered excitement, and acts as strategic partner to its customer base in the automotive, aerospace and consumer goods industries. We currently employ 750 staff at 15 offices worldwide.
What will your role be?
We are looking for a Visual artist, who combines a technical affinity with an artistic eye.
With your passion for 3D visualization, you will be part of our Staging Team, specialized in high-end CGI based still images and film productions with a strong focus on the automotive industry and get the chance to get insight views into the newest and even undisclosed models and designs.
You will be the main point of contact for the Visual Director able to understand and apply the provided feedback. VA and VD speak the same language and together they develop an efficient and targeted process for implementing feedback.
The challenges ahead:
· Consistently produce highly photo-realistic imagery for CGI productions.
· A strong understanding of studio lighting, materials & Shader in CGI productions.
· Good knowledge of backplates & HDRI, Passes, compositing workflow.
· Follow the standardized material and light setup workflow and knows how to apply color management within their respective projects/pipelines.
· Good understanding of artistic and photographic principles like composition, color theory, light theory, focal length, exposure.
· Ability to set up clean and good looking reflections for cars and other products, emphasizing the products features and characteristics while meeting customers’ briefings and expectations. Knowledge of color management.
· Good understanding of how studios and lights are set up for real world photography and how to replicate this in CGI.
· Strong understanding how CGI has to be created so that it can be composited with photographs.
· Understands the customers’ requirements and guidelines regarding the look and feel and the visual quality.
· Interest in car/product photography.
· Knows various techniques how to set up visually pleasing images.
· Stays up to date with current developments and trends in CGI VFX and car/product photograph.
Your key success factors:
• Working experience of 8-13 years as a Visual Artist within the CGI industry
• Expert knowledge in Rendering Software such as Deltagen/VRED/V-Ray.
• Expert knowledge in Photoshop/Nuke.
• Proven in-depth experience in lighting, shading, Materials and Rendering
• Basic knowledge Unreal.
• Excellent attention to detail and photorealism
• Experience in the automotive industry is an advantage
• Interest in learning new software and tools and the drive to proactively pursue your self-development
• Strong time-management skills
• Strong team player mentality
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Great communication and problem solving skills
• Very good English language skills, German language skills are an advantage
Join Dassault Systèmes, The 3DEXPERIENCE Company Everything becomes possible with Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes! Serving 230,000 customers in 11 industries, from high-tech to life sciences, fashion to transportation, we help businesses and people around the world to create sustainable innovations for today and tomorrow. Get on board a leading and fast-growing company of 20,000 talented professionals.