The Technical Account Management Function initiates and facilitates support related discussions with assigned customers and develops strong relationships with key customer contacts. The focus of work is in delivering services which include troubleshooting, problem resolution, strategic planning, and proactive account management from a support perspective. This support and advisory role contribute to improving a client’s overall customer experience with Medidata.
- Respond to customer inquiries to determine appropriate resolution path or service improvement strategies
- The Technical Account Manager will meet with customers directly to facilitate the best approach for customer’s internal practices while deploying additional Medidata products into their organization.
- Maintain product, platform, and industry knowledge necessary to offer broad support to customers increasing the ability to recognize new business opportunities
- Facilitate strategic account discussions in conjunction with Sales and Professional Services, to ensure a positive customer experience
- Develop and foster relationships with named client personnel for assigned accounts
- Work with other Medidata departments to meet service goals and achieve service level agreements (SLAs).
- Work with technical support team to ensure full understanding of client requirements and needs per market segment.
- Work with customers and/or partners to receive accurate information used to analyze and diagnose product and service issues
- Perform regular analysis of support issues to help determine and improve a customer’s satisfaction status
- Responsible for performing negative survey follow ups for assigned customers through outbound phone call
- Maintain confidentiality of any negative customer feedback resulting from negative survey follow-ups
- Monitor customer satisfaction and net promoter score to ensure company goals are met and create action plan if score is trending downwards
- Perform monthly trending to identify process improvements within Medidata or the customer/partner.
- Provide reports to management and customers as necessary and to fulfill any contractual obligations
- Identify, document, research and resolve service and product issues, questions, and concerns in a timely manner
- Coordinate support resources for escalated issues, working in partnership with Tier 1 Helpdesk, Technical Support, Professional Services, and/or Product Development/Delivery teams
- Inform and instruct key contacts, as appropriate, on new products, features and best practices
- Participate, as needed, in the development of product documentation, User Manuals, Training Presentations, Exercises, Quick Reference Guides and Other Support Materials
- Maintain client specific data in appropriate Tracking Systems or reporting systems.
- Documents customer information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development
Your Education & Experience:
- 5+ years Experience in working in Customer Service customer facing environment supporting software or SaaS applications/technology/service offerings
- Minimum 5 years business experience
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical/Healthcare/Clinical industry a strong plus
- Exceptional communication skills (oral/written)
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Technology and PC skills including full MS Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint), Google Suite, help desk/issue resolution systems, CRM
- Travel availability 10-20%, international travel may be required; overnight and/or weekend travel may be required
- May be required to provide support after hours based on client need
- University degree (Bachelors of Science, Business, Management, Computer Science or similar field)
- Inside Sales, and/or Training (preferred information technology, pharmaceutical industry, clinical trials, regulatory, or medical field experience.)
- Background in account management and client relationship development
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 17,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.