Imagine new horizons...
Dassault Systemes’ Spatial Corporation is the heart of hundreds of 3D modeling applications in diverse areas of engineering. We develop the 3D modeling kernel called CGM. With CGM, software developers can create and open CAD and polyhedral models, modify, query, and prepare for all kinds of analysis. The software developer will be responsible for contributing to the improvement of this solution.
Navigate to these links for more information on Spatial:
What will your role be?
As a Software developer, you will be working on developing the CGM solution which is key for modeling software in a commercial environments. Your work will enhance and support 3D geometric modeling algorithms in operations such as feature recognition, polyhedral modeling, solutions that support creation for additive manufacturing. In addition, your work gives you the opportunity to collaborate with other development teams around the world.
Here a simple question to illustrate the work - how do you determine if a point is inside of a 3D triangular mesh? How would you code that? You have the solution; add it to your resume.
The challenges ahead
- Develop and deliver excellent geometric modeling software in a commercial environment.
- Develop, enhance, and support 3D geometric modeling algorithms in operation, including Feature Recognition, polyhedral modeling.
- Identify practical solutions to problems involving 2D and 3D geometry, topology, calculus, numerical analysis, computational geometry, manipulation of curves, surfaces and boundary representation topology (Solid Modeling).
- Apply boundary representation theory and rules, including development and use of classical Euler operators. Enhance reliability of mature and complex software systems.
- Respond to customer enhancement requests and incidents.
- Communicate with customers and other development teams around the world.
- Responsible for all phases of software development of 3D geometric modeling algorithms.
Your key success factors?
- Degree in applied mathematics: PhD. or M.S. engineering or related degree in STEM program will be considered.
- Proven experience with mathematical algorithms at M.S. /PhD level.
- For M.S. candidates, 3+ years of experience developing algorithms/commercial software is required
- Knowledge of Object Oriented programming concepts, preferably with C++. Python, MATLAB or any related programming language will be considered
- Candidates willing to learn C++ will be strongly considered
- Experience testing and debugging code is an asset
- Exceptional communication skills when presenting to a diverse audience
- Working in a collaborative environment such as in code reviews and sharing best practices
- Experience accomplishing complex objectives over an extended period of time
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience. The total expected compensation range will be between $135,000 and $150,000, representing the base salary (or annualized salary based on estimated hourly compensation) and target bonus
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.