Imagine new horizons:
SPATIAL has an immediate opening to develop and deliver world-class geometric modeling software in a commercial environment. We are seeking a highly skilled Software Engineer with an interest in developing geometric modeling software in a commercial environment, to join its Broomfield, Colorado team.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, appreciates aggressive goals and has a desire-to-win attitude.
The challenges ahead
- Develop and deliver excellent geometric modeling software in a commercial environment. Specifically, develop ACIS, Spatial Corporation’s 3D modeling software package.
- Develop, enhance, and support 3D geometric modeling algorithms in operations, including Feature Recognition, Local Operations, Offsetting and Boolean operators.
- Identify practical solutions to problems involving 2D and 3D geometry, topology, calculus, numerical analysis, computational geometry, manipulation of curves, surfaces and boundary representation topology (Solid Modeling).
- Conduct high-level modeling operators to support classical MCAD functionalities including BODY Boolean, offset, taper, defeaturing, shelling, move, distance computation and faceting.
- Apply boundary representation theory and rules, including development and use of classical Euler operators. Enhance reliability of mature and complex software systems.
- Respond to customer enhancement requests and incidents. Communicate with customers and other development teams around the world.
- Responsible for all phases of software development of 3D geometric modeling algorithms with an emphasis on industrial domains of Mechanical CAD, Metrology and CAE.
Apply understanding of problems involved in body analysis, including collision detection, body clearance and body point distance in support of CAE and Metrology application domains.
Your Key Success Factors:
- Proven experience with mathematical algorithms at Master’s degree level (or foreign equivalent)
- Experience in developing algorithms / commercial software; Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming C++
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Innovative problem solving required
- Commitment to high standards of code quality
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Appreciates and fulfills aggressive goals; Demonstrates superior organizational skills; Ability to complete projects in a timely fashion; Exhibits positive and desire-to-win attitude
- Motivated to create and implement computational geometry algorithms in commercial applications such as Computer Aided Design, Finite Element Analysis, or Electronic Design Automation
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience. The total expected compensation range will be between $135,000 and $150,000, representing the base salary (or annualized salary based on estimated hourly compensation) and target bonus
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.