Imagine new horizons…
At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and build the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
We are seeking an R&D Software Test Engineer to focus on our 3DEXPERIENCE Simulation Process and Optimization applications. As part of the SIMULIA brand’s Quality Engineer and Operations team, you will perform Quality Assessments of these products and ensure that our quality criteria is achieved prior to release.
This position is located in our Johnston, RI location and is hybrid with 3 days in office and 2 days remote.
What will your role be?
This work includes testing of new features and capabilities, validating and executing industry models and workflows, designing and executing regression tests to ensure existing functionality & performance is not degraded.
This person will work closely with various members of the software development teams, product management, customer support, and field engineers to ensure our tests are properly capturing various customer workflow scenarios.
The Challenges Ahead
- Review software requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback and compliance with DS Standards.
- Design, develop and execute functional, installation, licensing, performance & scalability test plans based on Industrialization strategy for new functions.
- Validate Industry Process Workflows and participate in release readiness assessments as well as Go/No-Go decision making.
- Design, develop and execute test automation scripts to drive the test cases and workflows
- Perform test results analysis of manual and automated tests
- Identify and document software defects and validate fixes in a timely manner
- Communicate quality status while pro-actively monitoring the testing process
- Monitor, evaluate and improve SDLC and test processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Evaluate and provide timely communications and release readiness assessments to key management and stakeholders
Key Success Factors:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, data science, OIM or similar
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills including ability to clearly articulate details
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and team player mentality is essential
- Problem solver with critical thinking skills and passion to learn and drive results
- A curiosity and ability to find problems coupled with critical thinking skills with a passion to learn and drive results
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.