Imagine New Horizons
Bring dreams and reality together to shape a better future! Products cannot be sustainable if their impact upon the environment and society is not thoroughly studied. In the virtual world, through the 3DEXPERIENCE®, impacts and effects can be examined and evaluated before the product is made.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world.
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
Team introduction and Overview
SIMULIA, a Dassault Systemes brand, is seeking a motivated Research Engineer to assist in the development of technologies based on Machine Learning, with the goal of helping customers design, simulate and create the world around us.
As a key part of the SIMULIA team, this role will assist key stakeholder to develop Machine Learning technologies for our next generation of design and simulation platform.
SIMULIA provides realistic simulation solutions that address a multitude of industries and related engineering challenges.
Start date and duration are flexible for up to 6 months. This position is based at the Dassault Systemes Office at 1301 Atwood Ave in Johnston, RI.
Role & Purpose
Through our intern program, you will help develop our industry-leading solutions in the area of simulation, simulation model preparation and workflow improvements contributing to the research and implementation of next-generation algorithms leveraging data, machine learning, numerical methods technologies and related fields.
Key aspects of the position:
- Collaborate with other researchers in developing ML supervised and\or unsupervised neural networks
- Research and document ML based best practices for industry relevant use cases
- Develop working prototypes to showcase application of ML solutions
- Label, Train, Validate, Optimize and Deploy machine learning models
- Test algorithms, annotate optimize ML models and share results and lesson learned to stakeholders.
- Active enrolment in undergraduate, graduate or post graduate degrees in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge in ML models such as supervised, unsupervised , transfer learning, CNN regression and classification methods and their development lifecycle
- Proficient in ML frameworks and their deployment
- Knowledge of the design and simulation industry
- Experience with SIMULIA or competitive products
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Ability to work onsite for the duration of the internship
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.