Imagine New Horizons…
Do you want to be inspired and enjoy coming to work? At Dassault Systèmes (3DS), we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and create the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes! Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
Lead SIMULIA North American technical sales engagements with focus on next generation 3DEXPERIENCE technology throughout multiple industries.
Explain, demonstrate and prove the value of 3DS Solutions to our partners/ clients through technical expertise to support the revenue sales plan - Opportunity centric / primary Industry & primary Brand
Transfer skills by sharing technical knowledge internally and/or to partners Define and qualify with Partner/Customer the Demonstration Use Cases Deliver accurate demonstration and proof of concepts
What will your role be?
SIMULIA technical resource (presales) in North America focused on multiple industries including Aerospace and Defense, High Tech and Life Sciences.
Work with Client Executives and SIMULIA sales representatives on account strategic growth initiatives including:
- Technical project planning
- Qualification of growth opportunities
- Diagnose customer requirements
- Assessment of the "as-is" customer environment
- Design and architect solutions
- Implement technical proofs
- Propose an aligned "to-be" solution
- Prove solution value to help sales close business opportunities
- Enable Value Engagement solution selling with the Dassault Systèmes sales ecosystem.
- Perform prospect needs assessments, architect solutions and generate high-value solution proposals.
- Effectively communicate the SIMULIA solution value and technology; via presentation, demonstrations and technical proof of concepts.
- Deliver technical proof of concept and training to demonstrate the solution.
- With well qualified opportunities that require technical projects, serve as the opportunity technical leader with responsibilities including:
- Technical success of the engagement.
- Manage the technical resource and skills assignments from technical sales and brand teams.
- Understanding customer requirements
- Lead the technical team
- Manage the project schedule to deliver a winning engagement
- Be the focal point for SIMULIA/DS R&D when communicating the needs of prospect/customer during presales activity.
Travel: 10% - 40% during normal, non-COVID times
Key Success Factors
- Education Level: Master’s Degree
- Strong background in Linear Dynamics preferred
- Level of Experience: 3-10 years
- Deep understanding of structural mechanics, dynamics, vibration, linear and nonlinear simulation methods Strong background in Linear Dynamics preferred
- 5+ years of experience applying Finite Element Modelling practices to deliver engineering solutions.
- Deep understanding of product design and manufacturing methods and processes.
- Strong knowledge of the Abaqus and 3DEXPERIENCE platform including Modeling and Simulation on the platform.
- Understanding of Aerospace & Defense, High-tech and/or Life Sciences industries with domain knowledge of design->simulation->manufacturing workflows.
- Experience in using simulation tools in order to complement or lead the design-to-manufacturing process.
- Must have experience with commercial Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software such as Abaqus or comparable tools in the structural domain
- Minimum 5 years proven experience managing the implementation of mechanical CAE simulation projects.
- 3DEXPERIENCE platform experience is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of the simulation tools including Abaqus, Tosca, SIMPACK, and FE-Safe. Preference given to candidates with knowledge of market CAE and CFD products.
- Experience capturing simulation methods and/or processes within Process Integration Design Optimization tools (Isight, ModelCenter, ModeFrontier, etc. ) and/or collaborative enterprise environments (3DEXPERIENCE, Enovia, Matrixone, SimManager, TeamCenter, etc.).
- Experience with 3D CAD, CAE and PLM systems
- Proficiency in programming languages ( Python, JAVA, Tcl/Tk, Fortran, C/C++ etc.).
- Candidate must be able to effectively develop and deliver complex solution and demonstrations to existing and potential customers.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills; must be able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. Must be able to discuss aligning complex engineering solutions with customer organizational needs and technical requirements with both engineering and IT directors, managers, lead engineers and analysts.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills illustrating the ability to create engineering solutions to engineering challenges
- Self-motivated, team oriented, proactive problem solving, objective driven
- Must be able to work in both individual and team situations.
- Must be comfortable learning emerging technologies and be a self-starter.
- Experience working within a software sales environment is preferable.
Finite Element Analysis, Fatigue, Computation Fluid Dynamics
Topological, parametric and Multi-disciplinary optimization
HPC job submission
Scripting and customization
Simulation Process and Data Management
Engineering business processes improvement
PLM data model
Analytics and data visualization
Program and Project management
System Engineering; 0D-1D simulation
Desire to learn emerging software solutions, enterprise systems and engineering domains.
Must be willing to learn new engineering tools and enterprise systems.
Must be willing to demonstrate the use of these tools where appropriate.
Ensure our customer success by mentoring exiting customer to use our tools more innovative and effective ways (for example, expanding a single simulation into a design of experiments solution in order to obtain a robust design).
Cultivating new users within our existing customer base as well as developing new customer sites. General interest in the automotive and industrial equipment fields is essential
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.