Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the
world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its
customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Acorn AI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. It is built on Medidata’s platform that includes the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 23,000+ trials and 6M patients. Our team is composed of over 300 PhD/Masters data scientists, engineers, analytical product leads, UX and data visualization designers, engagement managers, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
As a UX designer, you will support ongoing development of our operational analytics suite of solutions, which is used by our customers to bring treatments to patients faster by optimizing trial design, forecasting patient enrollment and study performance using artificial intelligence, and monitoring trials in real-time against changing industry conditions. You will create software solutions that help our clients to synthesize information across multiple data feeds, and that use machine learning algorithms and predictive models to improve study design and delivery.
This role is part of a broader team of product managers, designers, data and application engineers, engagement specialists, data scientists, and business experts. The UX designer will work in close collaboration with other project designers and product managers to create a high quality user experience that supports user tasks as well as the product roadmap. Work includes UX research and feedback sessions, information architecture and workflow analysis, in addition to individual feature designs.
- Collaborate with product and design team to envision an application architecture that supports task-focused data display for multiple persona and multi-step workflows.
- Identify user-focused UX solutions that account for detailed business logic, multiple application configurations, and data edge cases.
- Create collateral with increasing resolution throughout the product requirements and design process. Outputs include high-level conceptual diagrams, wireframes, low-fi prototypes, high-fidelity mockups and fully-developed feature UI.
- Work with engineers, product owners, and the design team to evaluate design options and refine scope throughout the design process. Provide support as needed during implementation.
- Apply an existing style system, and propose extensions and updates as needed to support the function of our application.
- Maintain a local application component system (Figma), pattern library, and detailed design documentation.
- Participate in ongoing product evaluation and user research initiatives (usability sessions, user feedback, persona interviews, etc.), and synthesize/translate results to inform product requirements and specific design solutions.
- Conduct brainstorming or whiteboarding sessions with different stakeholders.