Imagine new horizons...
At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and build the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
The PowerFLOW team at SIMULIA is seeking a developer with a strong background in computational geometry, parallel processing, and object-oriented development in C++ to contribute to the development of the mesh generation software in PowerFLOW, which is SIMULIA's flagship CFD solution.
What will your role be?
As a senior member of the PowerFLOW mesh generation team, you will be developing CFD technology that is revolutionizing the way engineers employ fluids simulation in product design. The team is responsible for enhancing PowerFLOW’s mesh generation technology, including development of a robust Boolean engine, distributed parallelization for large clusters, and integration with the PowerFLOW simulator in support of moving geometry, fluid structure interaction (FSI), and adaptive mesh refinement. The PowerFLOW mesh generator is a unique application that handles extremely complex and variable quality geometry, automatically generating very large scale meshes for fluid flow simulation, without requiring any geometric simplification. This is a highly visible, key position in SIMULIA's software development organization offering the opportunity for significant leadership and impact.
The ideal candidate should have a background in developing 3D geometry software, in an area such as volume/surface meshing, CAD modeling, computer graphics, or related computational geometry software. A background in parallel processing is quite important, as parallelism is a constant theme in new development. The application's geometry components deal with surface tessellations, Boolean operations on polyhedra, polygon operations, search optimization, etc. Responsibilities will include software requirements analysis, design, project planning, implementation, and testing.
We are looking for a software engineer who is an extremely strong developer, as well as a good collaborator who can work closely with other developers and various domain experts.
The challenges ahead
- Work closely with the product management team and domain experts to define the technical details of new functionality
- Produce functional and technical designs that balance customer needs and implementation concerns
- Own the design and development of projects from beginning to end
- Implement new mesh generation features and help maintain/evolve existing functionality
- Ensure that every new capability you deliver is robust and performant
- Work with QA to ensure that the software is thoroughly tested
Your Key Success Factors
- Demonstrated experience delivering successful software development projects
- Experience developing 3D geometry software
- Experience with parallel processing
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Experience designing and developing complex object-oriented software
- Solid grounding in computer science
- Intellectual curiosity. If you don’t enjoy developing an understanding of new technologies and problem domains, this isn’t the job for you.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with numerical simulation techniques is a definite plus
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.