Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The new member we're hiring for will be part of a global team to provide 24x7 technical support for Medidata Production MySQL systems. The team is currently 11 engineers strong and we are a growing and evolving to meet Medidata's priority of attaining and retaining top talent. Main responsibilities include running scripts, monitoring, resolving client related problems, and completing database related work orders in a timely manner.
Who we are looking for:
The Senior Database Administrator function is responsible for supporting and coordinating all database activities in area of specialty at Medidata. This includes running scripts, database tuning, monitoring, back-up and recovery, designing and creating databases in area of specialty, resolving complex client related problems, and monitoring all database related work orders relating to their area of specialty in a timely manner.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for Hosting in one or more of the following specialties: MySQL Support AWS and On Prem datacenters. Responsible for the overall performance, tuning, backup/recovery of all installed cloud databases in area of specialty. Verify and run scripts written by programmers in PRODUCTION, UAT and DEV environment for specific area of specialty. Diagnose and resolve production problems in area of specialty
- Develop optimization plans for client databases. Proactive Maintenance and monitoring.
- In a team environment, successfully design, test and deploy database schema in area of specialty.
- Work closely with other IT team members to successfully maintain and monitor the databases
- Work closely with R&D to identify any possible performance bottlenecks.
- Plan and implement database upgrades in area of specialty as needed. To ensure that all client requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Adhere to and suggest improvements to the Change Management Process.
- Write custom scripts in area of specialty to automate various daily DBA operations.
- Document and improve existing processes for area of specialty
- Uses advanced knowledge of database administration and data management lifecycle to analyze complex issues and implement appropriate solutions and optimize processes for the future in area of specialty
- Analyzes specialized work requests/problems by troubleshooting in area(s) of specialty/specialties
- Translates trending and profiling into performance analysis and designs process improvements for area(s) of specialty/specialties Identifies linkages of specialty area to other systems/ applications and communicates potential impact to peers and key stakeholders
- Analyzes how application change will impact the data management systems
- Follows documented processes and procedures to solve complex problems
- Assists in creating documented processes and procedures to solve complex problems
- Assists in developing reports and monitors to ensure problem solving procedures are followed
- Consistently performs independen
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors or Master degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, or Engineering preferred
- 8+ years. of experience in Database Engineering (or Administration) with MySQL in a production environment
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $96,000 to $128,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of applicable plan documents, while many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Additionally, Medidata provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. For that reason, we provide an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.