Medidata’s journey started in 1999 when a scientist working on his first clinical trial waded through inefficiencies and delays – and knew that technology could improve the process. Almost 20 years later, we've grown to be the leader in clinical technology. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner. In 2019, we launched Acorn AI to meet changing biopharma needs as companies rapidly progress to the age of precision medicine.
Acorn AI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. It is built on Medidata’s platform that includes the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 20,000+ trials and 6M patients. Our team is composed of over 300 PhD/Masters data scientists, engineers, analytical product leads, engagement managers, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
Acorn AI is looking for data scientists who will help us tackle some of the most complex questions facing the industry today using our proprietary Acorn platform and advanced analytics. In this role, you will research and develop statistical models. At Acorn AI, we never work alone. This role will partner heavily with all of the key stakeholder functions including Product, Data Science, Engineering, Partnerships and Biostatistics. Successful candidates will be skilled in analytical/quantitative thinking, structured communication and excited about building the next horizon of Medidata’s journey of powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
- Solve some of the most complex problems in healthcare, translating complex data into meaningful insights
- Design, develop and validate statistical models for novel medical applications. Areas of team focus include design, optimization and meta-analysis of clinical trials
- Provide support functions around model-building, including data cleaning, code review, & reporting
- Productionalize developed methods and code for integration with existing/new products
- Evaluate emerging datasets and technologies that may contribute to our analytical platform
- Build dashboards, analytics and reports for internal and external consumption
- Work directly with our team comprised of the brightest minds in technology, research and mathematics as well as senior interfaces from leading life sciences companies across the globe
- Fluency in programming languages (Python, R, SQL) that allow you to be self-sufficient in analyzing data
- Proficiency with machine learning techniques (e.g., classification, regression, feature selection, etc.) and ability to support predictive model builds and deployments
- Knowledge of at least one of the following: Tableau, Power BI, Dataiku
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of data science, technology personnel and senior leadership
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to all levels of technical & non-technical audiences
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to creating rigorous, high-quality insights from data at scale
Your Education & Experience:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Physics, Bioinformatics or another quantitative field with strong foundation in statistics
- 2-3+ years of experience with statistical analysis & predictive modeling
- Experience using Git version control
- Experience with clinical trial data and/or large healthcare datasets is a plus
- Experience processing large data from commercial pharmaceutical data sources is a plus
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.