Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
AI Analytics team is responsible for Medidata’s Unified Data Platform for Product Operations. Our internal stakeholders need to have visibility into how our products are performing, how our customers are using our products, how our people are executing and how our strategy of making our products most valuable for our customers is being executed.
We’re building our unified platform on top of a few core principles and technologies.
A single unified view of data. We bridge the gap between business and internal product teams by speaking a ubiquitous domain language. Exposing our domain model as API / self-service analytics.
Our teams can consistently access data across the platform, ignoring the underlying details of how this data is stored.
Who we’re looking for:
This role will help build an innovative platform for Product Metrics and Business KPIs.
This is a strategic project that is a critical component of the company’s growth strategy. This platform will securely provide raw, aggregated and transformed data to measure business growth drivers and customer value chain both internally and externally, providing a unified and integrated portal. This platform will play a core role in the company’s short and long term strategy, enhance and leverage core products to expand into critical areas of DCTs.
- Lead and Manage Data Pipeline teams working with Product Owners
- Understands, articulates, and applies principles of the defined strategy for Unified Analytics Platform
- Data Transformation and Integration: Creates data pipelines and transform data to a structure that is relevant to the problem. Develops knowledge of current data science and analytics trends
- Data Source Identification: Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose. Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data
- Analyzes complex data elements, systems, data flows, dependencies, and relationships to contribute to conceptual, physical, and logical data models
- Develops the Logical Data Model and Physical Data Models including data warehouse and data mart designs
- Develops efficient data flows. Analyzes data-related system integration challenges and proposes appropriate solutions
- Creates test cases to review and validate the solution design; Creates proofs of concept
- Tests the code using the appropriate testing approach. Deploys software to production servers, maintains playbooks, and provides timely progress updates
- Translates business problems within one's discipline to data related or mathematical solutions
- Identifies what methods (for example, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem. Shares use cases and gives examples to demonstrate how the method would solve the business problem.
- Develops business cases for projects with a projected return on investment or cost savings
- Translates business requirements in projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to overall business strategy.
- Server as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results.
- Implements data governance practices in partnership with business stakeholders and peers.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 12-14 years of professional experience
- Experience in dashboarding, visualization for executive consumption
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
- Experience developing data processing systems
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system on any size/scale Experience with Python, SQL, and data visualization/exploration tools
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem specifically RedShift and RDS
- Experience in Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, ETL tools and working with large data sets in the cloud,.
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $
157,500 to $
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of applicable plan documents, while many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Additionally, Medidata provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. For that reason, we provide an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.