Imagine new horizons…
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 190,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
What will your role be?
Be a leader for cloud compliance and continual improvement within our global Research & Development organization. Manage our Customer Compliance Enablement Program that aims to fulfill the compliance expectations of customers in highly regulated industries, including life sciences and healthcare.
Understand the compliance landscape and help develop a compliance roadmap that provides confidence to our customers and enables them to fulfill their regulatory and cloud enablement requirements. Develop a program to manage customer inquiries and audits that is efficient and effective. Contribute to the design and development of software validation packages with testing evidence for offerings considered to have high level of regulatory risk and impact.
Support our internal and external quality and information security compliance programs as an internal auditor.
Use your excellent communication skills to promote continual improvement of our internal business processes and operations.
- Analyze and understand the cloud compliance landscape:
- Cloud customer expectations
- Industry expectations and regulatory enablement
- Competitive landscape
- Quality standards, certifications, frameworks
- Fulfill customer quality compliance requests
- Build and manage a customer compliance inquiry and audit program
- Develop and maintain customer-facing compliance posture (trust center, whitepapers, regulatory position papers, etc)
- Develop, maintain, and improve internal compliance processes and procedures
- Conduct executive management reviews on customer status and business risk
- Represent R&D on compliance topics with internal and external parties
- Participate in our Internal Compliance Audit Program for our global Quality Management System (QMS) and our Information Security & Privacy Management System (ISPMS)
The Challenges ahead…
- Ability to plan and manage customer compliance audits and respond to inquires
- Ability to be a quick problem solver, critical thinker, and trouble shooter
- Ability to work in a fast-paced technical environment and deliver under pressure
- Ability to work independently and within a global collaborative team structure to solve complex problems
Your key success factors?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years of relative experience
- Software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies and best practices
- Quality management practices and standards including ISO 9001
- Software testing and quality assurance best practices
- Program and project management methodologies and best practices
- Industry regulations and compliance expectations for software providers (e.g., GxP regulations for life sciences)
- Risk assessment methodologies and best practices
- Audit management best practices
- Experience with the following:
- Program and Project Management
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- Audit Management
- Continuous Improvement / Process Improvement
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Excellent English language communication, verbal and grammatical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) - desired
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.