This role will be responsible for providing overall support for the Legal Team with various duties including supporting the litigation function as well as assisting the corporate/commercial and data privacy groups. The successful candidate will be able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, adapting quickly to change. The Paralegal position is located at Medidata’s corporate headquarters in New York City, subject to COVID-related restrictions on in-office work.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Support all aspects of document discovery, including e-discovery, document management, the litigation hold process, and document production
- Act as a liaison among Legal, Enterprise Support, vendors, and outside counsel to ensure an effective e-discovery process. Maintain systems in support of document preservation and e-discovery storage and retrieval
- Assist in-house and outside counsel with the coordination of responses to subpoenas, data subject access requests, and written discovery demands
- Maintain comprehensive litigation and pre-litigation case files and trackers, and prepare monthly/quarterly status reports
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent knowledge and experience
- Minimum 3 years commercial litigation experience as a paralegal; corporate/commercial experience is a plus
- Significant e-discovery experience at a major law firm or in-house legal department
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to anticipate what will be needed, analyze and problem solve
- Desire to learn new skills and step outside traditional paralegal tasks, including exposure to or interest in project management
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.