Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Lead Strategy & Transformation, OCM, Strategy & Transformation Team, is responsible for delivering focused consulting services to drive transformative change and real-world value for Medidata customers. The Lead Strategy & Transformation. OCM will ensure that both internal and external clients are provided with a premier experience and drives value by combining their best practice knowledge and domain expertise with the latest tools and technologies available. The Lead Strategy & Transformation, OCM functions as an integrator between business needs and technology driven solutions, identifying, and creatively solving complex business problems, designing and re-engineering critical processes as necessary and fundamentally transforming the way a client best adopts Medidata technology solutions with associated best practices.
The Lead Strategy & Transformation, OCM's primary responsibility is to lead Organizational Change Management engagements to drive value for their customers. The Lead S&T, OCM does this by solving complex operational challenges, maximizing adoption of Medidata's platform, and applying deep expertise in Organizational Change Management principles, best practices, and services.
This will involve:
- Deliver transformative Organizational Change Management consulting services and manage client expectations within defined scope of engagement
- Create all delivery materials (workshops, internal training, templates, etc.)
- Manage and complete client work in accordance with established budgets, work plans, quality standards, and timeframes
- Provide program/project management services as necessary
- Support Professional Services in all scales of Medidata Platform adoptions from Study-by-Study to Enterprise level engagements (including multiple simultaneous engagements)
- Nurture assigned client accounts and develop stronger relationships to increase Medidata consulting and product opportunity
- Participate in direct sales cycle support as necessary
- Maintain high levels of client satisfaction through engaged delivery
- Develop into a recognized expert/trusted adviser in your chosen field/discipline and industry
- Understand and contribute to improvements in Professional Services/Strategy & Transformation Team and specific product line business fundamentals
- Shape solutions and drive transformative change across practice areas
- Contribute leadership in driving sustained improvement and growth across a practice area
- Independently manage account relationships to create repeat business and references
- May include management responsibilities of other more junior consultants (i.e., hire, train, develop, motivate, appraise, reward, etc.)
- Change Management / Organizational design lead with a proven track record of driving and executing at both strategic and tactical levels in the application of a structured change management methodology and the complete change management lifecycle
- Collaborate with diverse teams and lead OCM planning, management execution and evaluation of engagements including organizational assessments - stakeholder analysis, leadership alignment, change readiness planning, communications planning and development, engagement activities, culture transformation, training strategy - and other areas/activities of change management
- Promote alignment on strategies, goals, deliverables, and timelines by managing relationships to deliver value-based outcomes
- Develop reusable consulting assets to help improve quality of and accelerate time-to-delivery for client engagements
- Deep experience in clinical development, especially demonstrating understanding of operations and emerging directions in the clinical development space
- Balanced combination of strong project management, technical, and leadership skills
- Technical expertise in one or more clinical development process/practice areas
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver multiple, complex projects and project teams to success
- Strong, clear communicator across levels on technical/operational topics
- Exhibits sound, data-driven decision making on complex problems
- Able to drive new consulting service opportunities
- Able to influence product, marketing, and sales tactics
- Well networked with industry leaders in area of expertise
- Able to form "trusted mentor" relationships with clients and influence at all levels of client organizations
- (Internal candidates) Well networked with internal leaders across functions and recognized within Medidata and with clients as a technical/operational/process expert
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a wide range in projects, domain areas and clients in a primary lead role
- Self-starter, normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and new assignments
- Extensive client facing service delivery experience and superior client relationship management skills
- Must be able to lead stakeholder interactions with confidence, and bring groups of diverse personalities and levels to consensus
- Ability to generate new consulting services value opportunities and see these through to successful conclusion
- Able to travel as necessary, including globally (+30% travel)
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years related consulting or industry experience showing progression/promotion
- 8+ years applying change management principles, methodologies, and tools developing change management strategies including identifying risks and anticipated points of resistance and developing specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns (previous roles in Operational Excellence, Organizational Development, or change management are strongly preferred)
- 8+ years in Clinical R&D and or Life Sciences, particularly in clinical operations, data management, data sciences, technology, or clinical innovation roles
- Viewed as an expert on change management; understands and speaks confidently; keeps current on trends within emerging technology, best practices, and policies, uses broad base of experience to advise clients on how change management strategies work to keep in line with the rapidly changing technology landscape
- A blend of consulting and industry is also acceptable. This experience must include leading change management initiatives, communications strategies, organizational design, and development
- Change Management certification, preferred (e.g., CCMP, Prosci, etc.)
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.