Imagine New Horizons…
Bring dreams and reality together to shape a better future! Products cannot be sustainable if their impact upon the environment and society is not thoroughly studied. In the virtual world, through the 3DEXPERIENCE®, impacts and effects can be examined and evaluated before the product is made.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world. Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What your role will be?
DELMIA Simulation & Equipment R&D Team is looking for a talented and motivated student intern who is majoring in engineering. Our team delivers foundation software components used by various simulation applications of industrial equipment and fabrication processes (robotics, machining, ergonomics…). We are seeking an individual with an interest in learning/testing some of these applications and helping develop CAA APIs, use cases & documentation. A motivated individual with the right skills will get experience with software development processes and tools used in a well-established & highly rated software company.
The Challenges ahead…
- Develop, document and test C++/VB APIs delivered in the team’s CAA toolkit
- Research and prototype new web-based apps, pushing new frontiers
- Design and deliver Quality Assessment tests for various software components delivered by the team
- Participate in weekly team meetings, design reviews
Your key success factors?
- Currently and must remain enrolled in a Bachelor, Master, PhD program for the duration of the internship; cannot not graduate or have graduated
- Have completed a minimum of 24 college credit hours; 6 classes
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher
- Work onsite at a Dassault Systèmes location; no remote or offsite permitted
- Programming experience (preferably in C++)
- Knowledge of Robotics use in manufacturing
- Strong functional use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and knowledge of Access or SQL
- Ability to work independently and/or within a collaborative team structure
- Positive, self-motivated individual with high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
- Highly organized with critical attention to details
- Ability and willingness to self-teach new and advance software functions; coaching and instruction will be provided, but we want someone who goes after knowledge
- Possess new technology curiosity and a history of self-technical education; you are not nervous about what you don’t know in technology, but excited about it due to your curiosity
- Strong communication skills in two parts
- Very strong writing skills utilizing the rules of English grammar
- Verbally clear, concise, and grammatically correct oral (speaking) communication skills in English
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.