Imagine New Horizons
The Biologics and Drug Design team within Dassault Systèmes BIOVIA develops and validates scientific modeling and design methods for our life sciences customers. As an intern on the team, you will have access to our advanced modeling and machine learning algorithms and state of the art visualization, and use the BIOVIA Discovery Studio suite with Pipeline Pilot for the development of novel applications.
This is a paid internship available for 12 weeks. This role is based in the Dassault Systèmes BIOVIA office Dassault Systemes, BIOVIA Corp. 5005 Wateridge Vista Drive, San Diego, CA 92121
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world.
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What your role will be?
You will develop novel methods for Biologics and Drug Design applications. As part of the development process you will work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure automated test coverage of new functionality. Additionally, you will participate in discussions with Product Management and customer-facing teams on product direction and new features.
The Challenges ahead
Areas of interest for potential projects include but are not limited to the following:
- Development of Molecular Dynamics simulation analysis methods
- Application of machine learning and statistical modeling to trajectory data e.g. Markov processes, end-to-end differentiable models, etc.
- Structure-based drug design applications: binding pocket prediction, molecular docking (energy scoring, ML models, etc.)
Your Key Success Factors
- Actively enrolled in or graduated within the last year from a Master’s Degree or PhD program with a focus on computational chemistry, structural biology, or a related field
- Previous software development experience
- Proficient in a programming language such as Python, C++, or Java
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a collaborative team
- Attention to detail and scientific curiosity
- Ability to work onsite for the duration of the internship on a hybrid schedule
Compensation for the role will be commensurate with experience. The expected hourly rate range will be between $19 per hour and $40 per hour.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.