Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As a Facilities Specialist you’re a trusted customer service provider who recognizes challenges as opportunities to provide positive outcomes. You thrive on delivering comprehensive and simple solutions alike, and are willing to document and share your successes for repeatable implementation by others. You are energized by chaos and demonstrate positivity under pressure. You are self-assured, self-directed and capable of managing day-to-day operations against competing requests and complex projects. Delivering results effectively throughout all levels of business is your forte, but you’re not afraid of research or leearning new skills, and inherently know when to seek advice for complex situations.
What will your job be?
- Building internal and external relationships and exercising effective negotiations
- Utilizing proven business acumen to collaborate and negotiate with multiple internal and external requestors
- Prioritizing and managing team objectives and delivering results
- Organizing processes and projects from planning stages through to completion
- Delivering solutions
- Creating repeatable success through process documentation
- Reviewing floor plan documents and construction documents
- Demonstrating and applying your expertise in business process and administration
- Learn Dassault Systemes systems and processes
Your key success factors
- Ability to prioritize and organize high volume workflow and follow a project through to completion ensuring attention to details and highest level of accuracy within required timeframe
- Facilitate decision-making, approval and communication process for local and regional team/s and members
- Ability to read floor plan documents and construction documents
- Assist in the development of plans and protocols to ensure coordinated facility operations and services where necessary (i.e. OSHA standards, painting, furniture, janitorial services, elevators, misc. repairs).
- Support planned projects and ad-hoc projects throughout the year
- Investigate complaints and emergency situations and ensure prompt response and resolution via our ticketing dashboard
- Strong communication skills in two parts: very strong writing skills and verbally clear, concise, and grammatically correct oral communication skills
Team and Corporate
- Positive, self-motivated individual with a high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
- Ability and willingness to self-teach new software functions, and facilities knowledge and processes; coaching and instruction will be provided, but we want someone who goes after knowledge
- Affable and collaborative teammate who thrives within an inclusive team and company where individual choices are respected and supportive
- Highly organized with critical attention to details, along with good time and priority task management
- Team player attitude and approach with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer focus internally and externally
- Responsible for local and regional financial processes utilizing PeopleSoft
- Manage team calendar, tasks and deliverables via shared MS Office Outlook Calendar
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exercises discretion and sound judgment; maintains confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Office Apps) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Dependable, punctual, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Ability to work independently and proactively; demonstrates initiative
- Ability to make professional decisions based in accumulated knowledge of position responsibilities
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment when required; high degree of tact
- Commitment to excellence
Your Education & Experience:
- Prior experience in a construction company, or corporate services/facilities department
- Experience with light repair and maintenance, processes and procedures required
- Proficient in Word, Excel and email
- Professional in demeanor, and appearance
- Strong communication skills required Exceptional telephone and interpersonal skills
- Typically requires up to 2-4 years of related experience.
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.