Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Engagement Director is responsible for the overall relationship management of client accounts and day to day activities. Responsible to ensure that Medidata is able to deliver quality projects and services on time and within budget through effective management of Medidata resources.
At the director level, the individual performs proactively and autonomously, leading large and complex projects and programs. The role includes owning, deepening and expanding customer relationships through participation in client governance structures. This can involve acting as the primary escalation point in which resolution of complex issues is key.
- Identify new business opportunities within assigned accounts; and support sales activity within respective market segment
- Lead program governance, and manage the overall professional services relationship
- Identify process improvements and drive strategy
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external resources to achieve project objectives
- Lead large, complex projects and/or clients, which may include a program of projects
- Lead project delivery to ensure that all deliverables are tracked and that documentation is current
- Manage client expectations and communications, and ensure overall client satisfaction
- Manage project scope and financials including forecasting, project budget, and accuracy of invoicing
- Create and maintain accurate and current project documentation
- Manage work requests with other departments
- Document minutes/action items during client and internal meetings; conduct appropriate follow-up
- Identify potential risks and plan appropriate mitigation; manage issues and drive appropriate resolution
- Provide proactive communication to all stakeholders
- Assure compliance with Medidata’s standard project management methodologies, quality management system
- Collaborate with sales and review sales orders and change orders
- Deliver workshops and lead client meetings
- Coach and train new and junior team members
- Demonstrate a track record of working independently in an advisory capacity
- Ability to anticipate and mitigate complex issue and risks thus minimizing escalations
- Ability to mentor other team members and serve as a team leader
- Ability to identify and suggest improvements which increase the value proposition for Medidata and the client
- Knowledge of Medidata (or similar) products commensurate with requirements of the specific role
- Possess a solid understanding of clinical research (pharma/device/biotech) and of clinical research SaaS technology
- Demonstrate strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Exhibit time management skills along with strong collaboration and teamwork
- Experience in leading project teams and meeting project timelines
- Self-motivated and able to assume responsibility in a professional manner
- Demonstrate strong computer skills
- Experience with the MS Office suite and/or other current software technologies
- Experience with creating and delivering presentations
Your Education & Experience:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent (analytic discipline a plus) preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience in clinical/biomedical and/ or software development environment preferred
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.