Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As a Director of Sales, you will be responsible for leading a team of 3-5 Global Client Executives and Account Managers targeted on a specific European market. You and your team will be responsible in identifying, qualifying and efficiently bringing sales opportunities to successful conclusion in active and prospective clients in midsize Pharma, BioTechs, CDMO’s and life sciences entities. Key focus areas are new customer acquisition and expansion in existing. The Sales Director is also responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and personal involvement in customer relationships in order to remain consistent with Medidata business principles. The role will include devising and executing strategies to significantly grow the Dassault Systemes complete life sciences portfolio and building and managing C-Suite relationships.
• Management of a team of Sales professionals as part of the responsibility for driving bookings and revenue within the assigned EURO North Territory
• Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within assigned territory, per targets based on position referenced above
• Development and execution of strategic sales plans as they relate to specific opportunities and accounts within assigned territory
• Represent Medidata in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
• Directly responsible for closing sales transactions with clients and prospects
• Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
• Maintain and update sales plans, account and opportunity data within company systems as directed
• Quarterly and/or annual sales targets differ by title/position and are covered under a separate document
• Continuous personnel development
Your Education and Experience:
• Sales experience
• Sales/People Management experience in the SW industry
• Experience in Life Sciences industry
• Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
• Experience leading large scale, complex sales cycles
• Experience in complex, multi product, direct and channel driven sales cycles
• Strong application SaaS sales experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
• Strong business planning and organizational skills
MEDIDATA generates the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes.