Imagine new horizons:
SPATIAL, a provider of industry leading 3D modeling and interoperability SDKs, is a part of DASSAULT SYSTEMES. With more than 35 years of 3D modeling experience and partnerships with over 400+ customers; SPATIAL’s technology powers some of the most innovative 3D applications in the industry.
Join the Spatial team, which is currently in a hyper-growth mode here at DASSAULT SYSTEMES, to develop and enhance cutting edge 3D modeling SDKs for the engineering industry.
SPATIAL has an immediate opening in Broomfield, Colorado for a DevOps Engineer that will be able to contribute to the delivery of Spatial’s software to its customer. Applicants should have experience working on very technical software development teams and have the ability to solve tough problems that require innovative solutions. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, appreciates aggressive goals and has a desire-to-win attitude.
What will your role be?
- In this role your major first-year projects will revolve around improving process efficiency and system stability that will require knowledge of multiple programming languages, scripting, working with proprietary tools and software, computer science fundamentals, and integration basics.
- You will be porting developing tools used for distributed automated testing and managing distributed builds
- Your work will be focused on packaging tools as it relates to software development
- You will work with team members and customers to define clear requirements
- In this role you will have the opportunity to put your development tool kit to use to help define and shape the future of Spatial
The challenges ahead
- Work to increase developer productivity by providing them the tools needed to do distributed builds on platforms they don’t have access to
- You will be managing a distributed testing tool written in java on top of a SQL database
- As a DevOps Engineer you will launch and supervise builds and tests using a Cloud Bee software layer
- Provide custom development environment to developers working on cooperative projects between 3 different worldwide location (Pune, Velizy and Broomfield)
- Manage monthly code drops to in house software partner
- Communicate with local and remote team members, appropriate stakeholders and customers as needed
Your key success factors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- 3+ years of professional work experience in the DevOps Field
- Some Linux and Windows knowledge, including compilers mostly used on those platforms
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly and apply them to everyday problems.
- Highly self-directed and require little supervision to successfully complete assignments.
- Good working knowledge of one programming language and one scripting language among the following :
- Good knowledge of building code on Windows and Linux platforms.
- 3+ years of experience with a scripting language ( PERL, Shell,…)
- The proven ability to communicate across multiple teams (including offshore teams) within an organization as well as with external clients
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Java and SQL knowledge.
- Some experience working with a source control system
“Compensation for the this role will be commensurate with experience. The total expected compensation range will be between $110,000 and $145,000, representing the base salary (or annualized salary based on estimated hourly compensation) and target bonus”
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.