Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
This position is part of our internal engineering team, within the Enterprise Technology group, supporting our backoffice systems - specifically - our lead to cash tech stack run on the SFDC platform.
Who we are looking for:
The mission of the Development Operations Engineer is to support development operations on 3DS Medidata's back office systems. Activities include administering platform tools, deploying builds from lower environments to upper environments., maintaining integrations across development operations tools.
- Deploy releases across environments using automated tools
- Support the change control process and continuously improve release processes
- Collaborate with development teams and internal stakeholders, ensuring they follow operational procedures and best practices
- Preparation of status reports on continuous integration and release execution
- Support the administration of salesforce.com platform related applications supporting backup, sandbox seeding, and release management.
- Lead, advocate, and enforce CI/CD best practices
- Support the planning and governance of best practices for release lifecycle including version controls, branching and code merges.
- Facilitate the change control approval process
- Support environment management including updates to managed packages
- Support the management of user security
- Support the administration of production backups,and sandbox refresh setup
- Collaborate with vendor support teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Follow Internal controls and support internal audits
- Continuing education to increase professional qualifications
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Bachelor's Degree with 3 years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience with sandbox seeding
- 2+ years experience with third party tools in support of DevOps
- 2+ years experience with AppExchange package installation and configuration
- 2+ years experience with Salesforce.com core configuration and platform as a service administration (ie, release updates, event monitoring)
- 2 + years experience creating, automating and implementing improvements of processes related to releasing of applications on the Salesforce platform
- 2 + years experience in working in large environments with multiple work streams and vendors
- Experience with Devlopment Operations tools and processes
- Knowledge of the Salesforce Metadata API
- Solid understanding of tools and best practices for Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment
- Knowledge of Salesforce development lifecycle models
- Salesforce Certifications are a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.