Cloud Computing Applications Software Test Engineer
Imagine new horizons…
We are seeking to fill our Cloud Computing Applications Software Test Engineer role. In this role, the focus will be on testing our 3DEXPERIENCE applications used to manage and execute multi-physics 3D simulations on our cloud-computing environment. This position will work closely with the software development, product management and multi-physics quality engineering teams to test latest product developments and communicate results in a continuous integration and delivery method. In this role, you will be part of the Dassault Systemes SIMULIA brand Quality Engineering and Operations team. You will perform testing and quality assessments of these products and ensure that our quality criteria are satisfied prior to release.
This position is located in our Johnston, RI location and is hybrid with 3 days in office and 2 days remote.
What will your role be?
This work includes testing of new features and capabilities, designing and executing cloud computing and cloud storage reliability and performance tests, validating and executing industry models and workflows, executing regression tests to ensure existing functionality & performance is not degraded, and providing quality assessment for various milestones of product release lifecycle.
The Challenges Ahead
- Review software requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback and compliance with DS Standards.
- Design, develop and execute manual functional, installation, licensing, performance & scalability test plans covering multiple physics simulation workflows
- Integrate Continuous delivery testing where testing starts from pieces of functionality in isolated developer’s workspace and finishes with full functionality in brand’s integrated workspace
- Perform validation of industry process workflows and participate in release readiness assessments
- Define and drive conversion of manual tests to automated test scripts
- Analyze and communicate test results findings
- Identify and document software defects and validate fixes in a timely manner
Key Success Factors:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information systems, computer science, data science, operations or similar
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills including ability to clearly articulate details
- We are considering all applicants with or without prior experience
- Familiar with Cloud Compute & HPC technologies and environments is desirable
- Basic experience with one or more CAD and/or Simulation software tools is desirable
- Self-motivated, detail-minded and well organized
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and team player mentality
- Problem solver with critical thinking skills and passion to learn and drive results
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.