Imagine new horizons:
BIOVIA seeks an experienced bioprocess development manager for its life sciences software solutions. Our industry-leading enterprise software provides a broad and flexible platform optimized to integrate the diversity of science and connect your leading innovators and makers. Our 2,000+ customers include the world’s leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Chemical companies and our implementations add value to Research, Development, CMC Tech Transfer, and Quality and Production groups.
What will your role be?
This person will lead the expansion of our process development and monitoring solutions from an industry-leading tool suite to an integrated solution enabling chemicals, biologics, cell, and gene therapy development, scale-up, and quality-by-design. As a member of a dynamic team this person will create a full digital twin of the biopharma development and production procedures, they will work closely with BIOVIA software development leaders, product management, and partner brands within DASSAULT SYSTÈMES. As a Bioprocess Development Manager you will be responsible for a establishing and driving the strategy to expand the business within a disciplined Product Lifecycle Management philosophy and approach.
The challenges ahead
- Establish the strategy and value propositions for motivating customers to adopt integrated digital twins
- Participate in customer workshops to present our digital transformation strategy while listening and adopting their best ideas into our solutions
- Participate in design discussions that drive the development of a plan for the transition of legacy features to our cloud platform.
- Propose new paradigms of integrated software systems that takes advantage of the deep software resources of BIOVIA and DASSAULT SYSTÈMES
- Deliver public presentations to convey to colleagues, senior management, industry thought-leaders, and customers of the value of this vision
- Work with software engineering to design a feasible roadmap to implement your vision
- Work effectively with software developers and product managers to ensure delivery against agreed priorities
- Take a proactive role in proposing methodologies, technologies, and tools
- Identify and manage engagement risks and flag major issues early
- Develop go-to-market plans that include marketing programs, positioning, packaging, and pricing
- Represent BIOVIA to organizations developing pre-competitive standards and ontologies
- Work with Business Development to identify, develop and promote key partnerships and strategic alliances
- Develop customer targeting pricing an packaging strategy
- Design and implement programs to train and support the Technical Sales, Professional Services, Support and Sales teams as new products are launched
Your key success factors?
- Education: PhD, MS, or equivalent in the natural sciences from a leading institution
- Minimum 8 years of analytical, leadership and partnering skills in the bio-process manufacturing or CDMO space
- Experience with software product management, or championing digital transformation within a manufacturing organization
- The ideal candidate will be visionary regarding the change facing the market they serve and possesses a unique blend of business and scientific savvy
- Possess strong influencing skills and have demonstrated ability to collaborate across the company to implement change and transform a strategy into tactics for implementation
- Having worked within or serving the target market segment within a large organization is desirable; however experience in an entrepreneurial, fast growing environment is also required
- Have a proven track-record of operating in an environment of sustained revenue and profitability growth while demonstrating a customer-centric leadership style.
- Global travel to interact with customers will be required
- Experienced people manager
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.