Register to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
As a 3DEXPERIENCE platform Main Administrator, you must have a 3DPassport to use the 3DEXPERIENCE platform R2017x on cloud.
If you already have a 3DPassport, please click on the link in the e-mail you received to connect to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and take ownership of the platform.
1. Connect to https://iam.3ds.com
2. To start 3DPassport creation, under Create an Account, enter your email address and click on Register. The registration form appears.
3. Complete the form and click Submit
Note: We strongly invite you to put your Company Name in the dedicated field, even if the field is not compulsory.
You will receive the following notification at the end of your 3DPassport creation.
Safely keep your login information aside. You will not receive any confirmation mail after your 3DPassport creation and you will have to reuse this information:
- for connection to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- for connection to the Cloud Support communities
If you have created your 3DPassport from the first mail received from the platform you will be redirected to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform at this step.
Else, we invite you to click on the link in the e-mail you received to connect to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform now.
Take ownership of the platform administration
As a Main Platform Administrator, you will receive the following first e-mail from Dassault Systèmes (or via the company customer contact).
1. Click on the link to “appoint yourself” as the Online Application manager (also called Main Platform Administrator) and launch the process.
If the “appoint yourself” link is not reacting to your click, just copy/paste it in a new browser.
2. You will receive a confirmation e-mail as follows.
Click on go to the 3DDashboard Apps and bookmark this page in your browser
Manage the platform Members
To know how to use the Members Management widget and learn all details on how to give Member access to the platform, go to the Dassault Systèmes Documentation.
In addition, please find below a quick step guide in order to quickly learn how to manage other Platform users.
Quick Step Guide
- Log into the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and access to the 3DDashboard.
2. To display the Admin dashboard role, from the Dashboard selection menu, click on Platform Manager dashboard
3. You access to the Platform Admin apps. Click on Invite Member icon, fills in the information and click on Next.
Note: To know how many remaining users you can invite to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, check this information available in the “Invite member” tab
5. If you want you can provide a Role and Options to the invited user(s) at this step
6. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform management app sends an email to the user.
The status is Pending until he/she accepts the invitation.
Granting Roles to one or several members
Below the Members & Roles widget, you can find the Roles & Options panel.
Select the available Role(s) that you want to grant to the user(s) and the user(s) to whom you want to provide this (those) roles (or the opposite ways).
And click on Assign Button.
When done, the system sends the member an email to inform him that he has access to new role(s).
Note: to grant a role to a single member, you can also use the function drag-and-drop. For this, drag the role to the member or the contrary.