ENOVIA 3DLive is a 3D collaborative intelligence solution. It has an easy-to-use user interface that provides you with the necessary tools to search and navigate your company’s PLM information, regardless of location, source or format. Its instant collaboration feature allows you to perform quick discussions while referring to the 3D data, thus enabling rapid sharing of information and ideas between you and your colleagues. In short, ENOVIA 3DLive brings the power of PLM to a wide range of users and provides on-demand 3D collaboration across the extended enterprise. It allows people to work together, share their ideas, find, and understand PLM information - all of this in 3D.
Companion eLearning Course
ENOVIA Companion for 3DLive (LI6)
- Duration: 8 hours
- Release: V6R2011
- Targeted audience: Product Designers and Engineers who need to explain their design intent to other enterprise users. Managers, Executives, Reviewers, Sales & Support Staff who want to look up 3D data and its related PLM information, and base their discussions around it. Documentation, Production, Program Management, Sourcing, Design, Quality and other such departments where inspecting and annotating the 3D model is a frequent or occasional requirement.
- Prerequisites: Students attending this course should be well-versed in the Microsoft Windows operating environment.
This is a process-based course that uses an industrial case study to teach you how to use ENOVIA 3DLive to search, navigate, examine, and share information in the collaborative 3D environment. Through short videos you will learn how to search and visualize the results, explore and review 3D data, filter the data, create customized views and save them as Favorites, perform co-reviews with colleagues, perform basic lifecycle operations, and export data as shareable 3D XML files. At the end of each lesson there will be a summary of the topics covered, descriptions of all the tools used, and a short assessment to test what you have learned.
- Story Board: You will learn how to use ENOVIA 3DLive while we replay the following scenario:
- Our company is developing three variants (Coupe, Sports, and Hatchback) of Concept Car that it wants to showcase in this year’s Auto Expo. The design team is made up of several designers, a lead designer, and a reviewer.
- The reviewer (David) has been asked to inspect the design of the Brake System. He will use ENOVIA 3DLive to search and browse the data, perform a review by himself first, and then collaborate with the designer (Elisabeth) to discuss the required design changes with her.
- Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Open and view a local 3D XML file in ENOVIA 3DLive
- Connect to your company's database
- Search and view 3D data and its related PLM information
- Filter the data based on configurations, attributes, and 3D selection
- Create and manage preferred searches and data views as your Favorites
- Use the review tools to create sections, measures and annotations
- Collaborate with your colleagues, and annotate and share product views with them
- Perform lifecycle operations on data
- Export data as 3D XML files and embed them in Microsoft Office documents
How is ENOVIA Companion for 3DLive positioned in your training path?
ENOVIA 3DLive is the entry point to the V6 Collaborative environment.
Whether you need to collaborate, design or review in V6, you will need to be familiar with navigation and the search mechanism provided by 3DLive.
Therefore this course applies to a great number of profiles and roles all along the product life cycle.