CATIA Imagine and Shape
Accelerate, unify, and streamline the conceptual design and surfacing workflow with new Imagine & Shape features
The powerful new Subdivision Net Surfaces feature in Imagine & Shape allows users to combine the curve-based approach with subdivision surfaces clay modeling. This feature helps increase design quality and empowers the creative designer with greater capabilities.
Imagine & Shape is particularly beneficial for styling centers/design studios in transportation & product design industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Yacht, High Tech, Consumer Goods, Packaging & Life Science medical devices.
Companion eLearning Course
CATIA Companion for Imagine & Shape
- Duration: 16 hours
- Release: V6R2011
- Targeted audience: Shape Designers, Product Stylists, Industrial Designers
- Prerequisites: Students attending this course should have knowledge of CATIA V6 Fundamentals and CATIA V6 Surfaces.
This course adopts a process-based approach to training. Rather than focusing on individual commands and functions, it uses an industrial scenario to teach you how to use the tools in the context of creating a design from conceptual data. It features demo videos and exercises. The scenario for both videos and exercises is the same, so you will practice exactly the same steps as seen in the videos.
- The objective of the chosen scenario is to enable you to learn how to use IMS solution to convert the stylist’s conceptual 2D sketches into a 3D shape.Here is the story-board
- The Stylist (Alain) has created a sketch with a new style for the vacuum cleaner taking into consideration its original structure.
- Using Imagine and Shape, the Industrial Designer (Maria) will work upon a virtual ball and mould it as per the sketch by the Stylist. Later, she will create high quality rendered images for validation.
The Marketing team in our company has come up with a suggestion that our product vacuum cleaner needs to have an aesthetically enhanced style.
- Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Import and position sketches in CATIA V6;
- Create subdivision surfaces using tools specific to the Imagine and Shape workbench;
- Modify the style surfaces using Shape Design tools;
- Create the required environment around a model;
- Apply materials, textures and 3D textures to your models.
Recommended Curriculum for Industrial Shape Designers
- CATIA V6 Mechanical Design Fundamentals
- CATIA V6 Mechanical Surface Design Essentials
- CATIA Imagine & Shape Essentials
- CATIA Live Shape Essentials
- CATIA Knowledge Advisor
- CATIA 3D Functional Tolerancing & Annotation.