Online directories face challenges similar to many other data-centric online businesses:
- Controlling IT costs while meeting performance demands
- Maintaining content interest and relevancy
- Keeping up with Web innovations
- Building audience loyalty
- Capturing a larger share of search engine traffic
- Boosting revenue
EXALEAD CloudView™ can help you meet these challenges by providing better search and enriched content for your existing directory, or by enabling you to quickly launch a new aggregated listing service.
Reduce Costs while Boosting Performance
CloudView enables access to database content that is as rich yet 100s of times faster and much less expensive than traditional relational database technologies. Switching access for this primary content to the CloudView index can help you dramatically boost performance and scalability, with lightning fast 'read' access designed to provide real-time access to petabytes of data by thousands of simultaneous users, and can help you reduce hardware, software and license costs via Database Offloading. See also Search-Based Applications, or download our whitepaper, The Hidden Costs of Scaling Search.
From Zero to 4 Million Visits a Month in the First Year
When France's #1 phone directory assistance company, 118 218 Le Numéro, wanted to take their service online, they turned to EXALEAD. The result: a large scale 24/7 business launched in just 60 days, with traffic that soared from zero to 4 million monthly visits in the first year alone.
Bring Your Listings to Life—Instantly, Affordably
Instantly extend your own directory content by creating a "mash-up" of local and Web content (online reviews, mapping data, blog posts, etc.), or quickly launch an aggregate directory service that extracts both directory listings and related content across multiple websites.
EXALEAD's automated extraction, analysis and annotation tools will also enrich your existing classification schemas, providing additional faceted navigation options and giving your data a new accessibility and depth. (See our Solutions Brief, EXALEAD CloudView for Internet Yellow Pages.)
Serve Up the Latest Web 2.0 Innovations
Let EXALEAD serve as your shortcut to serving up a steady stream of rich media innovations :
- Enhanced video search
- Video (and audio) transcript searching
- Advanced text indexing and query processing
- Exclusive Wikipedia search
- Advanced image search
- Mobile search
- Social search
Test-drive the latest EXALEAD innovations at Exalabs.
Stabilize Fickle Audiences
Boost loyalty through more successful search, deeper content, and a more engaging, multi-faceted content presentation. EXALEAD's patented "Search by Serendipity"™ system can automatically exploit and extend your existing database structure, or instantly organize content extracted from the Web. Features include:
- Navigation of results by dynamically-extracted and/or pre-defined categories, including user ratings, geography, related terms, price, file type and size, language, author and more
- At-a-glance scanning of results with content extracts, file type icons and thumbnail images
- Rich, application-independent content previews with search term highlighting
- User aids like support for natural language queries and multi-language search (even using non-Latin characters), related query (and content) suggestions, and fuzzy matching tools like phonetic and approximate spelling matches and spelling corrections.
Siphon Off General Search Traffic
Become a first-stop reference for visitors with more successful search, content that is richer and closer to visitors' interests, and a user experience that is more visual, dynamic and enjoyable.
Reduce Your Dependence on Search Engine Advertising
As you build editorial value and strengthen audience loyalty to increase direct referrals, also use the CloudView platform to implement effective SEO tools, such as generating highly specific content for Web crawlers from your native content, or serving up a steady supply of fresh 'mashed-up' internal and external content to keep the Web bots coming back for more!
EXALEAD's patented "Search by Serendipity"™ system encourages more queries, extends the length of site visits and boosts the total number of listing views.
Customer Success Story: Yell
Yell.com, the UK's leading local business directory, used CloudView to extend its database with automatically extracted Web content. For each individual query, users can view related:
- Wikipedia™ information
- Advice & info (press sites)
The result is a rich, engaging, and perpetually fresh user experience—created instantly, and affordably.
Learn more about what EXALEAD can do for online directories by downloading our Solutions Brief, EXALEAD CloudView for Internet Yellow Pages.
- Industry Solutions
- All Industries
- Aerospace & Defense
- Architecture, Engineering & Construction
- Consumer Goods & Retail
- Consumer Packaged Goods & Retail
- Energy, Process & Utilities
- Financial & Business Services
- Industrial Equipment
- Life Sciences
- Marine & Offshore
- Natural Resources
- Transportation & Mobility
- Also discover
- Mid-market Solutions
- Cross-Industry Solutions
- On-the-Cloud Solutions
- 3DSWYM | Social Innovation
- 3DVIA | 3D Communication
- CATIA | Digital Product Experience
- DELMIA | Digital Manufacturing
- DRAFTSIGHT | Free CAD Software
- ENOVIA | Collaborative Innovation
- EXALEAD | Information Intelligence
- GEOVIA | Virtual Planet
- NETVIBES | Dashboard Intelligence
- SIMULIA | Realistic Simulation
- SOLIDWORKS | 3D Design
- Also discover
- Our Online Store
- What's New in Version 6
- What's New in Version 5
- Support & Services
- Social Networks