The actions described in the prerequisites checks have to be performed as Windows System Administrator. Please ensure that you have the admin rights or that you contact your system administrator to prepare your computer to connect to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
The official cloud Program Directory contains detailed prerequisites and system requirements. The following pages are describing the main highlighted requirements to check prior to upgrading to R2016x.
For browsers, support policy is as follows:
- Internet Explorer 11 is a Validated platform
- Firefox 38 ESR is a Validated platform on Microsoft Windows 7
- Firefox 38 ESR is a Compatible platform on Microsoft Windows 8.1 Desktop
- Firefox x ESR, with x>38 is a Compatible Platform on Microsoft Windows
- Chrome is a Compatible Platform
1. In the IE settings (Internet Options > Security > Internet) check the box for “Enable Protected Mode”.
2. In the IE settings (Internet Options > Security > Local Intranet) check the box for “Enable Protected Mode”.
3. IE settings (Internet Options > Advanced tab > Security section) Ensure that “Check for server certificate revocation” Option is activated (if you switch it on, you need to restart your computer)
4. IE settings (Internet Options > Advanced > Security) Ensure that “Enable Enhanced Protected Mode” Option is disabled
5. IE settings (Compatibility View Settings) Ensure that "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" Option is disabled (the option is enabled by default)
6. IE settings (Internet Options > Advanced > Security) Ensure that “TLS 1.0”, “TLS 1.1” and “TLS 1.2” Options are enabled
The 32-bit version of the Java 8 JRE (update 51 or higher) must be installed on your computer. To ensure successful setup, use this link to install Java 8, and choose “JRE”.
The recommended Java Level is at minimum Java 8 Update 51.
Note that V6 is not supported with JRE which has expired or is below security baseline.
How to check the Java installed version?
From Start > Control Panel open Programs and Features.