I want to report a problem
If you discover an issue with the product (whether it is minor, annoying or big), you can open a service request using the Report a Problem button located on the right side of the Support tab's page of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform on cloud community (or contact your reseller in case you are a SOLIDWORKS 3DEXPERIENCE customer). Please find detailed information on how to report a problem on the community
Troubleshoot resolution time
You have reported a problem via your swym.3ds.com community or will do so in the near future, and are expecting a quick resolution.
As soon as we receive your support request we are striving to resolve your issue in a timely manner. To do so, we need your cooperation. We need you to provide us with as much information as possible so that we can understand your problem, recreate it and pinpoint the source of the problem as quickly as possible.
I have a cloud issue, and I want to help Customer Success better analyzing.
For Web application issues on cloud, we generally need the following information from user:
- Service URL: 3DDashboard URL
- Tenant ID: it's the Rxxxxxxxx identifier visible in 3DSwYm URL
- Scenario: describe the step by step workflow that lead to your issue
- Expected Result: describe the result you expect instead
- Screen capture OR video of the error: it's better to illustrate your scenario for a quick understanding of your issue
- Is the issue reproduced on all several browsers? Yes/ No: precise specify your Browser and version
- Is it reproduced by all users?Yes/No: provide login and email address of the user impacted
- Is it reproduced systematically? Yes/No: since when is it reproduced? (date and hour)
Optional: If the scenario is not reproducible systematically, or reproducible only with specific user/tenant, DS Support may also ask you:
- Fiddler traces. The people who face the issue can record it easily. See: QA00000038204 for how to proceed to record Fiddler traces.
- Code level: For this, you can provide a screen capture of About 3DEXPERIENCE Platform (go to ? Menu in top right of your application, then go to About tab)
- Support information file (go to the “?” Menu, then go to Support tab and click Download information file). This will generate a file with information on your browser, OS, resolution, geolocation, tenant ID, platform latency and download rate
Find more details within the article Using FiddlerCap to collect network trace.
How to use the "for Support" mode
What is the function “for support” mode available in my 3DEXPERIENCE platform?
Issues related to open/save of data, import of V5 data or crash are very frustrating. However, analysing them is also a challenge and identifying the root cause needs some expertize. With 3DEXPERIENCE R2015x things have been improved with "support mode" option for cloud. Now a user can do his own first level of analysis for specific scenario and collect traces to forward them to DS Tech-support.
For more information please refers to the article “For Support” mode - 3DEXPERIENCE platform on cloud.
Troubleshoot launcher and installation issues
I want to troubleshoot 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher issues
Here are the key steps to check the health of your 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher:
- Verify that the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher has been installed
- Verify that the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher is running
- Verify that your firewall or anti-virus is not blocking the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher
- Verify the service port configuration
- Verify Internet Explorer Settings
Please find detailed procedures to run all verifications in the article 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher issues which could prevent it from working.
Troubleshooting Native App installation issue
If you encounter an issue related to Online Installation, you should provide a list of information to support when reporting the incident.
Please find these information in the article Information to send to support in case of online installation issue.
I'm looking for online installation logs for users on Cloud
If you encounter an issue related to Online Installation, you should provide installation logs to support when reporting the incident.
Please find detailed information to find online installation logs on this knowledge base article diagnosis online installation performance issue for Cloud customers
Troubleshoot Performance issues
Troubleshoot Performance issues
If you encounter an issue related to Performance during Online Installation process, you should provide key information to support when reporting the incident. Please find detailed information on this knowledge base article: Diagnosis online installation performance issue for Cloud customers.
I have an issue with 6W tags in 3DEXPERIENCE On Cloud and I don't know which information is required for technical support
If you encounter an issue related to 6W tags, you should provide key information to support when reporting the incident. Please find these detailed information on this knowledge base article: Information to send in case of issue affecting 6W tags in 3DEXPERIENCE platform on cloud.
I want to configure and launch the Network Statistics tool from the 3DEXPERIENCE on Cloud applications
The "CATIA Network Statistics" tool is used to check the quality of the Network from Rich client applications (e.g CATIA). It gives us the indication about whether the network we are using is of good quality or not by analysing the network using parameters like: bandwidth, latency and packet loss. Please find detailed information to activate this tool and use it on this knowledge base article: Configuring "Network Statistics" Tool for on Cloud 3DEXPERIENCE platform