U.S. Army Combined Arms Center Implements Exalead Cloudview to Access Critical Military Information11/09/2010
Next generation search-based technology gives instant access to all relevant data in Sharepoint
Orlando, FL, November 9, 2010 – Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA) today announced that its subsidiary Exalead, a global leader of information access solutions and search-based applications, has been selected by the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center (CAC) to speed access to critical military information. The CAC -Fort Leavenworth, Kansas- is using Exalead CloudView as their primary search engine for information and documents in Microsoft SharePoint.
This announcement is another illustration of the continuous commitment of Exalead to the government sector, where 100% accurate, comprehensive, secure and instant access to huge volume of both structured and non structured information is required. Exalead Cloudview solution is the only open search-based platform providing the speed, scalability and flexibility required for these highly constrained environments, whether it is inside secured data warehouses or on the web.
A critical part of CAC’s mission is to provide the U.S. Army easy access to tens of thousands of current documents, as well as documents dating back decades. CAC uses Microsoft SharePoint to enable collaboration to improve business processes – but wanted to boost productivity by improving search engine functionality.
Previously, CAC users often spent hours looking for documents in SharePoint. With Exalead, these same documents can be found in seconds.
CAC chose Exalead’s search-based application as its SharePoint search engine for several reasons, including:
- Faceted navigation improves speed and effectiveness of searches: Exalead’s easy-to-navigate user interface, especially the multi-faceted search, makes finding materials and information much faster by showing more relevant information instantly using the Exalead unique award winning index technology.
- Certificate of Network Worthiness (CoN): Exalead is currently being evaluated for CoN, a requirement for all enterprise software products that operate in the Army Enterprise Infrastructure network. CoN certificates verify that software meets the highest standards for security, interoperability and sustainability. Exalead’s CoN tracking code is NETSUB-08454.
- Multiple security controls and integration: CAC requires the utmost in security and found that Exalead cloudview platform provides the flexibility necessary to meet all the requirements, including integration with the Department of Defense Common Access Card smart cards issued to active-duty military personnel, reserve personnel, civilian employees, other non-DoD government employees, state employees of the National Guard, and eligible contractor personnel.
About Dassault Systèmes
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 115,000 customers in 80 countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault Systèmes applications provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance to recycling. The Dassault Systèmes portfolio consists of CATIA for designing the virtual product - SolidWorks for 3D mechanical design - DELMIA for virtual production - SIMULIA for virtual testing - ENOVIA for global collaborative lifecycle management, and 3DVIA for online 3D lifelike experiences. For more information, visit http://www.3ds.com.
CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, SolidWorks and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
Founded in 2000 by Search engine pioneers, Exalead® is the leading search-based application platform provider to business and government. Exalead's worldwide client base includes leading companies such as PricewaterhouseCooper, ViaMichelin, GEFCO, WorldBank and Sanofi Pasteur, and more than 100 million unique users a month use Exalead's technology for search. Today, Exalead is reshaping the digital content landscape with its platform, Exalead CloudView™, which uses advanced semantic technologies to bring structure, meaning and accessibility to previously unused or under-used data in the new hybrid enterprise and Web information cloud. CloudView collects data from virtually any source, in any format, and transforms it into structured, pervasive, contextualized building blocks of business information that can be directly searched and queried, or used as the foundation for a new breed of lean, innovative information access applications. Exalead website: www.exalead.com
Exalead was acquired by Dassault Systèmes in June 2010. Exalead has offices in Paris, San Francisco, Glasgow, Milan, Frankfurt and Amsterdam.
- Industriella lösningar
- Alla industrier
- Flyg- och försvarsindustrin
- Konsumtionsvaror och detaljhandeln
- Förpackade konsumtionsvaror - detaljhandeln
- Energi, omvandlingsindustri och allmännyttiga företag
- Finans- och tjänstesektorn
- Industriell utrustning
- Sjöfarts- och offshoreindustrin
- Transport & rörlighet
- Upptäck också
- Lösningar för mellanmarknaden
- Lösningar tillgängliga på Internet
- 3DSWYM | Social Innovation
- 3DVIA | 3D-kommunikation
- CATIA | Digital produktupplevelse
- DELMIA | Digital tillverkning
- DRAFTSIGHT | Gratis CAD-programvara
- ENOVIA | Samverkande innovation
- EXALEAD | Informationssystem
- GEOVIA | Den virtuella planeten
- NETVIBES | Dashboard Intelligence
- SIMULIA | Realistisk simulering
- SOLIDWORKS | 3D-konstruktion
- Upptäck också
- Vår nätbutik
- Vad nytt i version 6
- Vad nytt i version 5
- Support & Tjänster
- Sociala nätverk