Allows companies to launch enterprise-wide new product introductions on-time and on-budget.
ENOVIA Requirements Central
Capture the voice of the customer and provide traceability to downstream design data.
ENOVIA Requirements Central enables global development organizations to drive consistency in a shared environment when capturing customer, regulatory standards and market-driven requirements. Requirements can be defined and decomposed into a hierarchy, and fulfilled through the design, implementation and testing of final products to provide traceability throughout product development.
- Compliance with standards and regulations by controlling the requirement management process
- Improve product quality and customer satisfaction because new products are designed and developed that accurately reflect the voice of the customer
- Reduce development costs and rework by bridging the gap between product requirements, design and product launch processes and disciplines
- Improve visibility, team communication and collaboration because teams are using a central repository and common tool to manage product requirements
- Improve overall traceability throughout the evolution of requirements
Product PlanningENOVIA Requirements Central provides companies with the ability to organize and manage their portfolio of products and the planning and introduction of future products. Product lines and model hierarchies organize a company’s family of products. Model hierarchies represent specific products available to customers. Models are product masters that manage available and future product releases as well as candidate requirements. Product Managers are responsible for managing the content of each product release for their assigned models.
Requirements CaptureENOVIA Requirements Central allows users to capture and import requirements from Microsoft Word and Excel 2003 and 2007. From Microsoft Word documents, users can manually or automatically parse requirements by key words and then import them into the ENOVIA® database. These requirements are captured from Microsoft Word by highlighting and tagging individual requirements. When capturing requirements from Word, it is possible to import and maintain how the requirements were organized into chapters. The captured data can include rich text formatting, tables, bullets, images, symbols and 3D XML information. Each chapter and requirement imported from a source document is given a unique object ID and organized into a specification structure that is traceable to the respective section in the source document. From Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, users can import requirements from user configurable formats. After requirements are captured and stored in the ENOVIA database, product teams can use a robust structure navigator and rich text editor to browse, view, and modify the requirements without losing any of the original formatting.
Requirements AnalysisENOVIA Requirements Central supports the requirements analysis process so that users can review, assess, prioritize, and balance the needs of numerous customers. Requirements can be decomposed from high level requirements into individual detailed low-level requirements so that they can be partitioned and allocated to products and system components. While creating derived and decomposed requirements, design rationale can be captured to effectively maintain design decisions throughout the product lifecycle and provided traceability to the underlying foundation of the original designs. During the analysis process, users can compare entire requirements structures or individual requirements to identify changes or deltas. ENOVIA Requirements Central additionally provides the ability to reserve and un-reserve requirements structures to prevent multiple users from making modification simultaneously.
Requirements SearchENOVIA Requirements Central has an advanced requirement search capability that allows users to query the entire database based on defined parameters or query for requirements that are included in the context of a requirement specification structure and product revisions.
Change ManagementOnce requirements have been reviewed and approved, a requirements specification baseline can be established that prevents a set of requirements from being changed. A baseline establishes a set of agreed upon requirements for all stakeholders to measure performance. Changes to requirements are inevitable; therefore, requirements can be revised or versioned as part of a cross functional change process that is managed, auditable, and traceable. ENOVIA Requirements Central provides a choice of change processes. Users gain immediate visibility to change requests when it is reported and can also review the eventual internal resolution. For simpler changes, a company may choose to use issue management. For more complex changes that affect many downstream processes, a company may choose to use a formal engineering change after an initial issue is submitted. By subscribing to modification events, system engineers stay informed via email in real-time whenever requirements change.
Requirements TraceabilityRequirements traceability maintains the linkages from the source of each requirement through its decomposition to implementation and verification. ENOVIA Requirements Central provides the following traceability reports:
- Requirements validation matrix report provides traceability from requirements to test cases to ensure that every requirement has a test associated for verification and validation purposes.
- Requirements to requirements traceability matrix report provides traceability to other derived and decomposed requirements to ensure that every lower level requirement can be traced to a higher level requirement or original source.
- Requirements fulfillment report provides an overview of the fulfillment progress of requirements to linked product features in the context of their associated products.
- Derivation traceability report ensures a complete system requirement definition by analyzing how requirements have been derived into new requirements and captured in a requirement specification.
Requirements to Functional and Logical Traceability ReportsThe captured requirements stored in the ENOVIA database can be leveraged by other ENOVIA products. Users of ENOVIA® System Functional Logical Definition can search for requirement objects and allocate them to functional and logical system elements. Once requirements have been allocated to system elements, an ENOVIA Requirements Central user can generate reports to view these system allocations. The following are the available reports:
- Requirements to function traceability report provides an overview that all functional requirements are allocated to functions
- Requirements to logical traceability report provides an overview that all requirements are allocated to a logical component
Document ReportSome stakeholders will not have access to ENOVIA Requirements Central or just want to read the requirements specifications off-line. ENOVIA Requirements Central provides the ability to download the entire requirement specification structure with all its related rich text and detailed information to Microsoft Word for viewing or printing.
The Role of ENOVIA V6 and PLM 2.0ENOVIA Requirements Central supports PLM 2.0, product lifecycle management online for everyone, and the ENOVIA V6 values: global collaborative innovation, single PLM platform for intellectual property (IP) management, online creation and collaboration, ready to use PLM business processes, and lower cost of ownership.