Embraer and Dassault Systèmes to Raise Digital Manufacturing Excellence to New Levels27/04/2011
Digital Factory Solution Will Bring Significant Cost Savings to Embraer’s Phenom and Legacy 500 Jets by Integrating CATIA, ENOVIA, DELMIA and 3DVIA to Create Real-Time Manufacturing
VELIZY-VILLACOUBLAY, France and SÃO PAULO, Brazil — April 27, 2011 — Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced that Embraer S.A. (NYSE: ERJ; BM & FBovespa: EMBR3), the world’s fourth-largest plane maker, is deploying a complete 3D solution for the design and manufacturing of its Phenom and Legacy 500 executive jets at its Melbourne, Florida, U.S. and São José dos Campos, Brazil plants. Digital Factory is a 3D source for product information aimed to reduce design and manufacturing costs by creating a single set of plans, design models and work and product instructions, all integrated into a secure, collaborative platform.
With growing market interest in executive jet purchases, Embraer required flexible technology to support an agile manufacturing operation that responded quickly to market changes, while ensuring work was done in compliance with industry requirements.
Embraer’s business challenge was to create a single PLM platform for its manufacturing and shop floor operations and to move all shop-floor data from a paper to an online environment.
“Our goal is to create a single manufacturing model to increase efficiency, reduce costs and offer a collaborative environment for designers, engineers, and floor workers to work as one team,” said Alexandre Baulé, vice president, Information Systems, Embraer. “By following one product roadmap, we will react quickly and deliver the accuracy of data and perfection of processes so critical to ensure superior performance in our Phenom and Legacy 500 jets.”
Working with Dassault Systèmes, Embraer launched two new design and manufacturing initiatives as part of its Phenom and Legacy 500 programs:
• Digital Factory (DF): Using CATIA and DELMIA for virtual design, production and manufacturing, Embraer has a 3D platform for process planning and detailing, workload balancing, costing, cycle time calculations, as well as a new 3D process for design validation and optimization. A 3D master source for product information known as “Model-Based Definition,” is used by workers on the manufacturing shop floor to access design, data and work instructions with personal and tablet computers. ENOVIA’s collaborative platform helps in the process planning and manufacturing simulation of aircrafts, with final plans published in 3DVIA and delivered on-line for use by shop floor workers as well.
• Manufacturing Execution System (MES): With the development of a new, common architecture, Dassault Systèmes paved the way to integrate an MES solution that allows shop floor workers and suppliers across many locations to access the latest 3D models and instructions real time, hence ensuring the accuracy of the final product and the set of instructions.
“Embraer is tapping into advanced technology solutions to help achieve significant savings by integrating key engineering, design and manufacturing operations into a single 3D model. These savings allow Embraer S.A. to re-invest resources in new industry opportunities and initiatives,” stated Marcelo Lemos, general manager, Latin America, Dassault Systèmes. “Brazil is a country of historic contributions to the aviation industry. It is an incredible opportunity to partner with Embraer, a company driving that pioneering spirit.”
Embraer S.A. (NYSE: ERJ; BM&FBOVESPA: EMBR3) is the world’s largest manufacturer of commercial jets up to 120 seats, and one of Brazil’s leading exporters. Embraer’s headquarters are located in São José dos Campos, São Paulo, and it has offices, industrial operations and customer service facilities in Brazil, China, France, Portugal, Singapore, and the U.S. Founded in 1969, the Company designs, develops, manufactures and sells aircraft and systems for the commercial aviation, executive aviation, and defense and security segments. It also provides after sales support and services to customers worldwide. On March 31, 2011, Embraer had a workforce of 17,253 employees – not counting the employees of its partially owned subsidiaries – and its firm order backlog totaled US$ 16.0 billion.
О Dassault Systèmes
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 130,000 customers in 80 countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault Systèmes applications provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance to recycling. The Dassault Systèmes portfolio consists of CATIA for designing the virtual product - SolidWorks for 3D mechanical design - DELMIA for virtual production - SIMULIA for virtual testing - ENOVIA for global collaborative lifecycle management, EXALEAD for search-based applications and 3DVIA for online 3D lifelike experiences. For more information, visit http://www.3ds.com.
CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, EXALEAD, SIMULIA, SolidWorks and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
Контакты для прессы
- Промышленные решения
- Все отрасли
- Авиакосмическая и оборонная отрасли
- Архитектура, инжиниринг и строительство
- Товары широкого потребления и розница
- Упакованные товары повседневного спроса и розница
- Энергетика, переработка, ЖКХ
- Финансовые и бизнес-услуги
- Высокие технологии
- Промышленное оборудование
- Естественные науки
- Судостроение и морское строительство
- Природные ресурсы
- А также
- Решения для среднего бизнеса
- Межотраслевые решения
- Облачные решения
- 3DSWYM | Социальные инновации
- 3DVIA | Взаимодействие в 3D
- CATIA | Виртуальная продукция
- DELMIA | Цифровое производство
- DRAFTSIGHT | Бесплатная САПР
- ENOVIA | Совместные инновации
- EXALEAD | Поиск и управление информацией
- GEOVIA | Виртуальная планета
- NETVIBES | Информационные панели
- SIMULIA | Симуляция и инженерный анализ
- SOLIDWORKS | 3D-проектирование
- Also discover
- Новинки 6-й версии
- Новинки 5-й версии
- Поддержка и услуги
- О компании
- Социальные сети