Dassault Systèmes Announces New Release of Abaqus Unified Finite Element Analysis from SIMULIA12/12/2007
Abaqus Version 6.7 Extended Functionality Release Delivers Advanced Multiphysics, Productivity and Performance Enhancements
Paris, France, and Providence, R.I., USA, December 12, 2007 – Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Nasdaq: DASTY; Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced the availability of Abaqus Version 6.7 Extended Functionality (EF), its technology-leading finite element analysis (FEA) software suite from SIMULIA.
The release builds on SIMULIA’s promise of delivering a broader set of solutions within an open, unified simulation environment. New capabilities in Abaqus Version 6.7-EF include native technology for multiphysics fluid-structure interaction (FSI), an associative geometry interface to SolidWorks, collaborative modeling capabilities, tools for managing material libraries, and visualization capabilities for solid composites, as well as dozens of additional customer-requested enhancements.
“This extended functionality release of Abaqus demonstrates our focus on advanced simulation technology and usability features that enable our customers to accelerate the evaluation of the real-world behavior of their products,” stated Steve Crowley, director of product management, SIMULIA. “The new multiphysics technology within Abaqus streamlines the process of evaluating the performance of structures interacting with fluids, such as tire hydroplaning or container drop, which is critical to improving product safety and quality.”
"The SolidWorks Associative Interface in Abaqus is a direct result of customer demand," stated Rainer Gawlick, vice president of worldwide marketing, SolidWorks. "This capability provides significant gains in efficiency and quality by enabling SolidWorks users to make immediate design performance decisions based on advanced analysis results from Abaqus."
Abaqus Version 6.7-EF New Features and Enhancements:
- Coupled Eulerian Lagrangian (CEL) analysis enables fluid structure interaction within Abaqus/Explicit. CEL also provides the ability to analyze the performance of solid materials undergoing extreme deformation.
- Abaqus/CAE FSI Interface simplifies the process of defining coupled fluid-structure interaction models with third-party computational fluid dynamics software.
- The SolidWorks Associative Interface provides geometry transfer and maintains the relationship between SolidWorks and Abaqus models.
- Collaborative modeling in Abaqus/CAE allows the import of models and objects from other Abaqus databases into the current analysis session, facilitating concurrent modeling between multiple engineers.
- The Material Library in Abaqus/CAE enables the efficient use and management of material properties from a variety of sources including proprietary corporate databases. Additionally, new third-party plug-ins offered by Granta Design and Matereality provide access to a broad range of materials associated with industrial and military/aerospace databases, such as MMPDS-03.
- Contact enhancements for pre- and post-processing offer automatic contact detection support, geometry- and mesh-based searches, plus contact output.
- Improvements to the Distributed Memory Parallel solver support parallel element operations with steady-state transport, plus improved performance and scalability for analyses with a large number of processors.
- Permanent set with hyperelasticity in Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit enables higher fidelity modeling of filled elastomers and thermoplastics such as those used in car door seals, mounts, and sports equipment.
- Composites solid modeling enables the direct assignment of material layers to solid elements and provides results visualization of solid composites.
Abaqus Version 6.7-EF offers a unified finite element solution that increases confidence in design decisions, reduces physical testing, and accelerates time-to-market.
For more information, visit: http://www.simulia.com/products/abaqus_fea.html.
# # #
SIMULIA is the Dassault Systèmes brand that delivers a scalable portfolio of Realistic Simulation solutions including the Abaqus product suite for Unified Finite Element Analysis, multiphysics solutions for insight into challenging engineering problems, and lifecycle management solutions for managing simulation data, processes, and intellectual property. By building on established technology, respected quality, and superior customer service, SIMULIA makes realistic simulation an integral business practice that improves product performance, reduces physical prototypes, and drives innovation. Headquartered in Providence, RI, USA, with R&D centers in Providence and in Suresnes, France, SIMULIA provides sales, services, and support through a global network of over 30 regional offices and distributors. www.simulia.com
About Dassault Systèmes
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 100,000 customers in 80 countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault Systèmes develops and markets PLM application software and services that support industrial processes and provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance. The Dassault Systèmes portfolio consists of CATIA for designing the virtual product - SolidWorks for 3D mechanical design - DELMIA for virtual production - SIMULIA for virtual testing - ENOVIA for global collaborative lifecycle management, and 3DVIA for online 3D lifelike experiences. Dassault Systèmes is listed on the Nasdaq (DASTY) and Euronext Paris (#13065, DSY.PA) stock exchanges. For more information, visit http://www.3ds.com
CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, SolidWorks and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
- Industry Solutions
- Todas as indústrias
- Aeroespacial e defesa
- Arquitetura, Engenharia e Construção
- Bens de Consumo e Varejo
- Bens de consumo embalados e Varejo
- Energia, processos e distribuição
- Serviços Financeiros e Empresariais
- Alta tecnologia
- Equipamentos industriais
- Ciências da Vida
- Naval e Offshore
- Recursos Naturais
- Transportes e mobilidade
- Descubra também
- Soluções para medias empresas
- Soluções multi industriais
- Soluções na Nuvem
- 3DSWYM | Social Innovation
- 3DVIA | 3D Communication
- CATIA | Digital Product Experience
- DELMIA | Digital Manufacturing
- DRAFTSIGHT | Free CAD Software
- ENOVIA | Collaborative Innovation
- EXALEAD | Information Intelligence
- GEOVIA | Virtual Planet
- NETVIBES | Dashboard Intelligence
- SIMULIA | Realistic Simulation
- SOLIDWORKS | 3D Design
- Also discover
- Our Online Store
- What's New in Version 6
- What's New in Version 5
- Support & Services
- Social Networks