Complex contact conditions, a wide range of operating temperatures and the importance of gasket sealing are only a few of the conditions that cause powertrain analysis to be both an exciting and risky endeavor for any engineering organization. Since errors are extremely costly, it is critical that powertrain CAE engineers have reliable tools to help them achieve accurate results.
SIMULIA provides realistic simulation solutions—such as our Abaqus Unified FEA product suite, Multiphysics, simulation automation and optimization capabilities and SLM products—that address a multitude of automotive engineering challenges. Abaqus Unified FEA has been the de facto standard in automotive powertrain for more than ten years. Many modern approaches to powertrain FEA were invented and perfected in Abaqus through close collaboration with world-class powertrain suppliers and OEMs. Ongoing collaboration with industry customers and partners continues to result in best-in-class features and performance for powertrain users. Our software has enabled our Powertrain customers to perform simulation of component manufacture, assembly, operating and severe loads such as thermal, mechanical, acoustics and life prediction.
- Robust and efficient solvers for solving detailed large-scale powertrain models
- Mature sub-modeling capabilities for highly-detailed local stress analyses
- Accurate and robust contact algorithms for bolt-down and sealing analyses
- Integrated thermal-stress analysis which allows users to robustly model powertrain behavior across the entire range of operating temperatures
- Gasket elements for efficient and accurate depiction of gaskets, grommets, and other interface components
- Bolt pre-tensioning capabilities for detailed representation of bolt loads and stresses in manufacturing processes and operating conditions
- Integrated linear dynamics capabilities for modeling structural vibration with or without contact and nonlinear effects
- View Transportation & Mobility Industry Solution Experiences
- View All SIMULIA Solutions by Industry
- View Tosca Application: Stiffness Optimization of a Tractor Lever
- View Tosca Application: Efficiency on the road - more than 30% weight reduction of planet carrier
- View Tosca Application: Optimization of a camshaft absorber considering nonlinear rubber materials
- View Tosca Application: Increased efficiency - reduced pressure drop
- View Tosca Application: Pressure Drop Optimization of an Intercooler Intake Hose