In addition to heavy usage in the automotive industry, SIMULIA’s realistic simulation solutions have also been deployed and used extensively in the simulation requirements of vehicle designs in other related industries. Buses, trains, recreational vehicles, off-highway sports, motorcycles and even bicycles have been designed and virtually tested using Abaqus Unified FEA.
- Fully integrated linear and nonlinear solvers to study componentNVH, fatigue, peak static loads, and even severe transient loads
- Nonlinear metal material models to represent low-strain plasticity and high-strain plasticity including failure
- Robust contact, including press-fitting, for accurate representation of the component manufacturing effects on the engineering answers
- Connector elements to represent mechanisms and connections
- Advanced rubber material models for accurate, detailed evaluation of bushings and vibration isolators