Contact in Abaqus/Standard and Other Convergence Issues
This 3-day course provides an in-depth discussion on solving non-linear problems in Abaqus/Standard with an emphasis on convergence-related issues for contact, complicated material models, and geometrically unstable behavior.
Using both workshops and practical examples in the lectures, you will learn:
- How nonlinear problems are solved in Abaqus
- How to use general contact and contact pairs to model large sliding between deformable bodies
- How to model frictional contact
- How to avoid over-constraining the model
- How to identify modeling errors that cause models to experience convergence difficulties
- How to resolve over-closures in interference fit problems
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration