Abaqus for Offshore Analysis
The offshore oil and gas industry has some unique analysis challenges. Complex loading conditions, often highly nonlinear stress states and extensive contact requires advanced FEA software and experienced analysts to be successful. This course was designed by SIMULIA UK in support of their offshore customers to provide them a more in-depth, industry-specific training. The workshops in this course are completely new and were developed from customer applications. Some of the topics covered in the course include:
- Review nonlinear material behavior (metal plasticity and hyperelasticity)
- Capabilities of Abaqus element types in general
- Specific element discussions include drag chain, pipe, PSI and ITT elements
- Pipe-soil interaction, including lateral buckling of a pipe line on a seabed
- Abaqus/Aqua capabilities in Abaqus/Standard to model wave, buoyancy, current & wind loading
- Coupled Eulerian-Lagrangian (CEL) approach in Abaqus/Explicit
This course is composed of lectures, demonstrations and hands-on workshops.
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus who work in the Oil and Gas industry.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration