Safe Technology Ltd
Safe Technology Ltd
Country: United Kingdom
Contact: Stephanie Wood, Marketing Director
Phone: +44 114 268 6444
Fax: +44 114 303 0055
Safe Technology Ltd is a technical leader in the design and development of durability analysis software. We continually push the boundaries of fatigue analysis software to ensure greater accuracy and confidence in modern fatigue analysis methods for industrial applications. Safe Technology is a privately-owned company, focused entirely on the development of fatigue analysis software and associated consultancy, training and support.
Safe Technology develops and sells the fe-safe™ suite of software. fe-safe™ is state-of-the-art fatigue analysis software for FE models and is used by many blue chip and Fortune 100 companies worldwide as their standard durability analysis package. Users include Caterpillar, General Motors, Cummins, International Truck & Engines, Dana, Eaton, Rolls Royce, Triumph Motorcycles, Joy Mining, Harley Davidson, Petrobras, Federal Mogul, Honda Jet Engine and Hyundai Motors.
Solutions for Abaqus
fe-safe™ allows fast, easy and accurate fatigue life predictions for FE models, includes a full signal processing suite (safe4fatigue™) and advanced loading definition and analysis capabilities. It also includes specialist add-on modules covering thermo-mechanical fatigue, creep fatigue, the analysis of rotating components and welded joints (Verity® Structural Stress Method).
- Calculates fatigue lives at every point on a model, producing contour plots to reveal fatigue lives and crack sites. Critical points need not be missed
- Determines how much the stresses must be changed in order to achieve a target design life showing clearly where the component is under strength, or where material and weight can be saved
- Estimates warranty claim curves based on probabilities of failure
- Calculates which parts of the service duty are most damaging and which could be omitted from a fatigue test
- Identifies non-critical loads at significant points on a model. In prototype testing this could mean tests using fewer loads and therefore fewer actuators
- Unique calculation of the fatigue life of welded joints using the Verity® Structural Stress method
- Unique calculation of composite materials using the physics based methods available in fe-safe/Composites
- Efficient analysis of large Finite Element models using distributed and parallel processing
- Takes in account manufacturing effects such as residual stresses from a stamped or formed part or the temperature variation effects of castings and forgings