9000 Virginia Manor Road
Beltsville, MD 20705
Country: United States
Contact: Tom O'Connor
Phone:+1 301 474 0607
DfR Solutions is recognized as the leading provider of quality, reliability, and durability research and consulting to the electronics industry. DfR Solutions combines the use of Physics of Failure (PoF) and Best Practices to provide crucial insights and solutions early in product design and development and throughout the product life cycle. Companies in every major market vertical (consumer, industrial, automotive, aerospace, medical, military, enterprise) have relied on DfR Solutions' unique set of expertise, experience, and custom tools to accelerate the product development process and meet customer expectations of cost, quality, and reliability.
Solutions for Abaqus
Sherlock is the first-of-its-kind Automated Design Analysis software for analyzing, grading, and certifying the expected reliability of products at the board and box level. It is used by the electronics industry across all markets. Using standard file formats (ODB, Gerber, CSV) and embedded databases, Sherlock is able to automatically translate ECAD files into full three-dimensional step files that include board-to-board connections and off-board attachments. The resulting step file can then be directly imported to Abaqus for structural analysis.
The integration between Abaqus simulation results and Sherlock reliability predictions for electronic designs will give customers the ability to directly post-process Abaqus output databases (.odb). This will enable customers to leverage the sophistication of the Abaqus solver along with the unique Physics of Failure design analysis of Sherlock. Sherlock can rapidly and accurately predict time to failure in electronic assemblies subjected to a variety of temperature cycling, vibration and shock environments. Intuitive user interface allows non-experts to easily and rapidly move components, replace components, and change attachments for rapid trade-off analysis.
- Rapid development of 3D representation of electronic assemblies and products
- Time to failure prediction for a variety of environments
- Easy ability to change design and materials for trade-off analysis
- Sherlock drives reliable design at TRW Automotive
- Sherlock reveals how to achieve a 25 year lifetime, saving Silicon Hills thousands in repair and warranty costs/
- DfR Solutions Receives Global Technology Award
- DfR Solutions Receives Military Embedded Systems Editor’s Choice Award
- Sherlock Automated Design Analysis™ Software Wins PCD&F New Product Introduction Award/