EXALEAD OnePart Reduce introduces a new way to work, focused on classifying and deduplicating existing parts, thus decreasing legacy parts, simplifying the system, and cutting unnecessary costs tied up in stock.
- Classification: From the entire legacy universe, quality and method engineers are able to build unique categories of parts. This categorization is made up of part families and sub-families. A single representative part enables the propagation of the information across all the similar parts in the family. Thus all parts inherit the family name. Classification of parts by family facilitates part searching using OnePart.
- Deduplication: Once all the parts in the family are classified, specific parts can be tagged as either the master, alternate, or obsolete. The result is massively propagated into OnePart and the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and can be easily sent to the PDM and ERP systems.
Key Features & Benefits
- Identifies and reduces duplicate parts at scale
- Simplifies clustering of parts for procurement departments
- Prevents parts proliferation to streamline the parts catalog
- Frees up working capital
As a direct result of the above, the part decision-making process is smoother because parts can be better managed in the future, saving time and money.
Engineers charged with classifying and deduplicating existing parts have at their disposal an intuitive method for doing so. Purchasing department personnel can use OnePart Reduce to pare down duplicate parts, which streamlines the system. Procurement is improved, as the team can negotiate more favorably with vendors based on volume. Reducing the number of parts minimizes expenditures for the financial controller, directly impacting the balance sheet by lowering inventory and ultimately working capital.
At right, the benefits of OnePart are obvious. Continuing on the path of New Part Creation leads to additional spending. While discovering all of the parts found throughout the company and Reusing them clearly saves time and money, implementing Reduce as part of an ongoing parts management program adds significant additional value over time.