Product Key Customer Benefits
|SmarTeam Workflow reduces time to market by enabling users to:
- Share information on line
- Run processes in parallel when needed
- Involve all related parties through an electronic process
- Meet deadlines, through better control of the overall process
Reduce the time for Engineering Changes
Every manufacturer is required to undergo product change processes. Changes to new products take place at all stages like design, purchasing, tooling, and manufacturing. Changes to released products are also common upon customer feedback, field service requirements, new technologies, changing market needs, new regulations etc.
Improve Engineering Change process by:
- Respond faster to customer requirements
- Perform better analysis of the affect of a change (cost, engineering time, etc )
Eliminate errors and improve quality:
- Paperless mode
- Connecting to the PDM repository (latest revision ) - keep all parties coordinated within a highly secured environment
- Meet ISO, FDA, and other industry requirements
Optimize resource utilization
SmarTeam Workflow enables companies to monitor and identify bottlenecks by specifying a due date time for each task (node) and for the overall process.
- With the Workflow Manager, managers can view which tasks are past due, review workflow status, and even make routing changes on-the-fly and resolve bottlenecks.
- The new Alert Mechanism enables managers to periodically check past-due processes and nodes and send reminders to the responsible parties. The Workflow Manager provides statistical reports, showing the average time for all processes and allows advanced searches using any process attributes. This enables strategic decisions to be based on a global perspective of the company s work processes, both at any given moment and over time.
Reduction in overhead related to information distribution
- Electronic distribution of the latest version of document. Automatically forwards all information upon completion of work on the previous step.