Engineering Express Lets You Work Together Better to Launch Faster
COMPREHENSIVE: End-to-end scenario from concept to manufacturing
Traditional processes are fraught with miscommunication, errors, and delays, especially when managing many products simultaneously. ENOVIA SmarTeam helps you manage several linear processes simultaneously and comprehensively, in even the most complex environments. ENOVIA SmarTeam guides your products from concept through manufacturing with a set of tools that optimizes product development processes across each of the stages: Concept, Planning, Development, Testing and Production Planning, through to Release to Manufacturing.
CONCENTRATED: Top-down engineering
With this approach, you initiate new product launches top-down, bringing the concept and product overview to the team first, before beginning design. Later, the concept is broken down into different components and then designed from the bottom up. The top-down approach keeps your team focused on the initial product definition and lets you concentrate on your devised plan.
COLLABORATIVE: Concurrent Engineering
All the members of your team work around each product’s centrally accessed Engineering BOM (E-BOM) from the start, carrying out their tasks both individually and concurrently, updating the items that make up the E-BOM, so that each aspect of product development is managed in context of the others. Ensuring that your entire team collaborates around an accurate, up-to-date, shared E-BOM for each product under development, at every phase of the lifecycle, prevents the need for numerous, lengthy and costly change management processes around undetected issues that would otherwise arise late in the process, too close to deadline.
- Out-of-the-box, preconfigured PLM offering – The modular, role-based Express portfolio, including Engineering Express as well as Design Express for Multi-CAD packages offer broad coverage of PLM functionality all on one platform
- Item/BOM-centric approach – BOM management tools facilitate data consistency and enable configuration management
- Engineering Best Practices and Change Management – embedded in simplified flow processes for controlled, day-to-day work processes
- Synchronization of multiple product data types – including mechanical CADs, electronic CADs, MS Office documents, software and more, as well as BOM import from MS Excel and export/import from/to ERP.
- Flexible, modular and scalable – phased implementation approach lets you ‘grow as you go’, adding functionality as your company’s PLM needs change
- Launchpad to Dassault Systèmes’ PLM 2.0 technology (V6) – Using the Engineering Express methodology to optimally manage design and engineering data, including smooth integration with 3DLive for a uniquely life-like data navigation experience, prepares users for the next generation PLM 2.0 environment and simplifies transition to V6.
The technology … was deployed at Solarcentury in just two months. … its ability to improve efficiency is magnified. Profitability and working efficiencies become instantly visible while a complete workflow methodology becomes available.