October 2014: DraftSight 2015 is now available. To see the release notes and a list of resolved issues, please visit the DraftSight community.
Click here to download DraftSight 2015 now.
What's new in the free version of DraftSight?
- Recent Documents: Hit F4 on your keyboard, and the last 12 drawing files will graphically appear in the window. Simply click the image to open a specific file.
- Improved Table Editing: More flexibility with editing and inserting tables.
The Professional Pack and Enterprise Pack Offerings for DraftSight now include the following additional enhancements:
- Power Trim: Trim and extend entities by simply dragging the cursor over the objects to be modified. There is no need to select boundary lines.
- Dimension Palette: Update the formatting of all dimensions in place without the need to use the Properties Palette.
- Rotate-Move-Copy: One of the most requested updates to DraftSight, users can now rotate, move, copy and even scale entities in one command.
- Delete Duplicates: Clean up drawing files by deleting lines that are created on top of existing lines. For lines that overlap each other, this command will merge the two entities together.
- G-Code Generator: Allows users to create the G-Code for the machining of the part. G-Code is an NC (numerically controlled) programming language used for controlling automated machine tools.
- Toolbox updates:
- Reorganized and simplified options menu where users can access a central options dialog for all of their toolbox settings.
- Screw Connections: insert hardware stack-ups that are typical in assembly drawings. Stack-ups will include all of the necessary hardware such as Bolts, Washers and Nuts.
- Design Library update: Navigate to any file and select a block, text style, line style, or dimension style for the current file.
No new hardware or graphics requirements. For minimum system requirements, click here.
Note: Outdated graphic drivers might need updating.
- Added Linux 64bit support
- Dropped Linux 32bit support
- Dropped Microsoft® XP support
To see the list of resolved issues, or to submit an iQuestion to the DraftSight technical support team, please log in to our swYm community.