Product Key Customer Benefits
|Bundle segments creation in the context of the digital mockup... Users create directly within the mechanical context. Bundle segments can be constrained by:
User has the ability to split harness segment to manage derivation. Branch point follows the segment curve therefore the whole harness follows the connector position even in case of modification. Thus change management is greatly facilitated.
- following the external body of a part;
- supports defined with CATIA - Electrical Library 2 (ELB);
- an existing curve (spline or helix); or
- electrical components (supports, connectors, etc.).
Definition of round bundle segment properties... such as diameter, length, minimum bend radius, and distributed slack.
Bundle simulation... Offers a fully realistic representation through the ability to simulate the shape of the bundle segment taking into account: bundle segment properties, as well as bundle segment route and gravity.
Associative constraints... between bundle segment extremities, and between bundle segment extremities and electrical devices.
Bundle Junction (electrical connection between bundle segments)... The bundle junction provides electrical connections between bundle segments and electrical devices to allow routing of wires within harnesses.
Analysis of electrical links between objects... Users can analyze all electrical links between objects for all electrical applications. For example:
- Determine whether bundle segments are connected together or with electrical connectors.
- Identify wires contained in a bundle segment.
- Determine on which pin a wire is connected to an electrical connector
- Determine the physical implementation of functional connector/equipment.
Route wires in harnesses... Once harnesses have been designed, signals can be routed on harnesses with CATIA - Electrical Wire Routing. Electrical signals are then converted into physical wires. This route can be based on a functional system definition set in CATIA - Electrical System Functional Definition 2 (EFD).
Complete integration between electrical products, from the functional to the physical definition.
V4 to V5 data migration model to CATProduct (Batch method)... V4 BNS to V5 Bundle Segment