- Multi-engineering. Compatible model libraries for many engineering fields enable high-fidelity modeling of complex integrated systems.
- Intuitive modeling.
- Modelica. A powerful, object-oriented and formally defined modeling language.
- Open libraries. User can easily build own or adapt existing components to match unique needs.
- Reuse. Acausal, equation-oriented models allow a component to be used in different contexts and a model to be used for different studies.
- Symbolic Manipulation. Relieves the user from converting equations to assignment statements or block diagrams. Simulations are more efficient and robust.
- Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation (HILS). Real-time simulation on dSPACE and xPC.
- Interface to Simulink.
- Animation. Real-time 3D animation and import of CAD files.
- Comprehensive model libraries.
> Dymola product family flyer
Dymola has unique multi-engineering capabilities which means that models can consist of components from many engineering domains. This allows for models of complete systems that better depict reality.
Libraries in many different engineering domains are available that contain components for mechanical, electrical, control, thermal, pneumatic, hydraulic, power train, thermodynamics, vehicle dynamics, air -conditioning, etc.
The Systems engineering capabilities of Dymola empower you to model and simulate any physical component that can be described by ordinary differential equations and algebraic equations.
Dymola’s graphical editor and the multi-engineering libraries make modeling easy. The libraries include elements corresponding to physical devices which are simply dragged-and-dropped to build the model. Interactions between the components are conveniently described by graphical connections that model the physical coupling of the components. This means that models are intuitively organized the same way as the physical system is composed.
Open and flexible
The Dymola environment is completely open in contrast to many modeling tools that have a fixed set of component models and proprietary methods for introducing new components. Users of Dymola can easily introduce components that match the user’s own and unique needs. This can be done either from scratch or by using existing components as templates. The open and flexible structure makes Dymola an excellent tool to simulate new or alternative designs and technologies. Dymola is based on Modelica®, which is an object-oriented language for physical modeling developed by the Modelica Association.
Read more about interfacing other software.
Dymola has unique and outstanding performance for solving differential algebraic equations (DAE). The key to high performance and robustness is symbolic manipulation which also handles algebraic loop and reduced degrees-of-freedom caused by constraints. These techniques together with special numerical solvers enable real-time Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulations (HILS).
Read more about code and model export.